• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Millwall 5 Tranmere 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very depressing and that's without being in a position to hear the radio commentary. Can anyone make a case for Barnes staying on now?

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Surely this has got to be the result that singles the end ?????

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
One of the worst 45 minutes I think I've listened to. They simply rolled over and let Millwall walk all over them. That for me is a team with no passion or desire to play for their current manager. Get rid and do it ASAP. 4-0 after 30 mins. Wow.. must be going for some kind of record.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I'm just totally gutted, I really hoped Mr Barnes could turn it around but even I'm starting to believe it's time for him to go. But who will we get next? can anyone sort this team?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This afternoons humiliation

I spoke to a mate who went and he said think about the worse performance you have ever seen Tranmere put in - then multiply it by 100 - thats what the 1st half was like.

For me - the Wycombe result papered over the cracks. They were an awful side and lost again at home today. I felt Colchester should have beaten us as they had at least 2 clear chances that they missed.

So we're back to rock bottom confidence but from hearing Barnes....he won't go. We're stuck with him until PJ steps in.
Why cant he see that the players simply don't want to play for him ??

We're a laughing stock (even the Millwall fans were cheering our passes sarcastically when we were 0-4 down)

hallamski

Hallamski millwall supporter on again.

Hi chaps

once again not come on to gloat etc.
as past readers know i have massive soft spot for Rovers.

I have to say today I was actually shocked by the team.
In 30 years of going to Millwall I dont think ive ever seen a team less interested in playing.
It wasnt that MFC were particularly good - though Henry was outstanding. Rather Tranmere were totally uninterested in being there.

They picked up a bit in 2nd half - but then again Millwall did drop the game after half time.

To think you were 1 minute away from playoffs last season was completely unrecognisable today. Hope you see a new manager with ideas in soon.
and the team responds accordingly.
I would definately ask any of your travelling support today (around 300-400 loyal fans) to ask the players to pay their travel expenses.

Hope things get better for you all.

PjH

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
this is getting like a joke.i listened to some on the radio.barnes has just got to go but if he goes whos going to take the job.for a start the players i think they not intrstrested.were on tv next week i wouldent like to think how many will turn up for that game.

the man on the radio said barnes should play a strong team for tuesday at bury but whatever the result it wont change many things.surley peter johnson has got to start listening to the fans .

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Get rid and do it ASAP. 4-0 after 30 mins. Wow.. must be going for some kind of record.

I remember singing quite a lot after we scored 4 in 15 minutes against Crewe and also crowing about it every time we've played them since.

Looked it up, it was 11 years ago this month, October 1998. Scorers were Kenny Irons, Gary Jones, Scott Taylor and Alan Mahon.

Player
Goodison
I think we're trying to get relegated in style by breaking the least number fo points in a season record, which is around 12 I think!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Humiliating. Woeful. Abject. Dross. PJ has to step in, it's ultimatum time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just listened to McAteer. Commenting on the Millwall game:

You've got to give the lads credit for the second half. It could have been eight. They knuckled down and put in a decent performance in the second half and they stood up to the challenge. For me, that was a positive.

Of course, missed that one.. But your right, yeah, it could have been eight. Let's count our blessings. He also failed to mention Millwall didnt actually have to play in the second half. :roll:

What a complete load of drivel. ](*,)

Player
Goodison
"It could have been eight"

I'm embarrased to be a Tranmere fan.