• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

McAteer interview

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I found this very worrying!! :shock:

"But I'd like to be a player-manager next season somewhere or maybe a player-assistant manager with an experienced manager. I've got a few places in mind."

I just hope he doesn't mean us!!! [-o<

jim

That article is hilarious.
I would be very worried if he ends up as our player manager or indeed anything to do with our management.

" What about a McAteer team? "I believe they would be fair, hard-working, honest, well-prepared. But [they would] have a winning mentality and a strong camaraderie."

:lol: I doubt it. They'd be stupid, lazy, slow and easily frustrated.

B

Banana Army

Joe_TRFC said:
I found this very worrying!! :shock:

"But I'd like to be a player-manager next season somewhere or maybe a player-assistant manager with an experienced manager. I've got a few places in mind."

I just hope he doesn't mean us!!! [-o<

Prob Vauxhall

B

Banana Army

So he's stopped being a clown has he.

He's very subtle ill give him that

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Give the guy a break :evil:

At least he's got a bit of passion for the club, unlike BL.

Griff

I think he may be what we need in a manager !

You need to remember that when ex pro's start in the game they usually go to poor lower league sides. That is what BL is turning us into. If this run goes on much further then I say give McAteer a chance.

His head may not be right as a Rovers player but he could be the answer at this level as a manager.

Some things I've heard from him regarding players have been spot on and closer to some of the fans opinions. For example I heard that he rated Dagnel as one of the best naturally talented players at the club. BL still left him out in favour of familier midfielders upfront, when he should be bringing our young players on.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Yes, I agree that he may have said reasonably accurate things about some of our players, but he has also in the past asked for windows to be opened on aeroplanes for some fresh air, and for pizzas to be cut into 6 slices rather than 8, cos he wasn't that hungry. Surely the man cannot be trusted to manage a football club.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

:lol: Best thing i've read in years i'm crying with all the laughter!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Sorry wrong reply if he becomes manager will be in league 2 not trying to get a team to get us up!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
In a way... you have to love McAteer for the priceless things he comes out with! :lol:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah that's why he will be a rubbish manager as well. He hasn't got a clue in my opinion

Griff

Who knows what makes a good manager ?

Anyone can have their opinion but your opinions are based on hearsay and urban legends.

Hes not known to be the sharpest person around but he is known for being a good professional and is respected among players. Hes also got experience at all levels of the game including playing at the world cup.

I would prefer that we brought in a seasoned, experience manager, but as we continue to be dragged down the league that may not be an option. Especially as we dont have the money on offer. BL on the surface looked like a good apointment, but look how its panning out.

He may struggle to apply himself on the field for Rovers, but that doesnt bare any relation to his possible management.

Looks like i'm in the minority, but I think McAteer could do the job. If anyone wants to offer a response that doesnt include the usual pizza or trigger anecdotes then feel free.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
passion! lmao! :lol: no way! he doesn;t care about our club one bit!

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Never wanted him in the first place.

Saw him plenty when he was at Bolton and he was shit then.