• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mcateer For Chester Manager

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
God help Chester..
I tend to think of McAteer more of a clown than anything else.

Player
Morrisey
Well I think he might stay on with us as Player/assistant coach. Ronnie played him in a game which was experimental for next season so that might be a clue. He wouldn't suceed at being thrown in at the deep end straight away. My bet would be on him as assistant next year. He had an unbelievable game on Saturday IMO.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the midfield combination worked well on Sat by all accounts, but let's not kid ourselves. He'll be another year older.. I have thought like you say SWA, either a coaching./assitant role or the chop IMO. Whilst he can have good games, he wouldnt last for a full season.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
If he's there next season then I hope they get him on a cheaper deal. He's one of the highest paid player sand he's either injured, suspended or not fit. The handfull of games he's played this season (well) does not make up for the above!!!

I thought the game against Blackpool was the last straw, he's shown that he's got no control, he'd be another Aldridge, he might get the players going but lets face it, the quality of his coaching would shine through. I'm sure someone will bring up the reserves and say he's done a good job but if you go to any of the other games u'd know!!!! He skives a fair bit and rarley is on the touchline for the full game. Id rather have a guy lyk shaun garnett on the first team control setup and let Jason go!

Also, I think Actherberg will be at Tranmere next season and if that's not as a player then it will be as the goalkeeping coach. He's one of the most dedicated pro's we've got and unofficially trains the goalies now anyway.

Next Season -

Ward - Out
Jennings - Out =D>
Harrision - Out
Stockdale (Possibley, too slow)- But I doubt he will go.
Taylor - OUT!!! :twisted:
Mullin - Out but to be fair I think he's a decent enough footballer, maybe age has taken it's toll a bit.

In -

Goalkeeper
Centre Back
Striker - One that can score 20 goals a season!!!!! :roll: (Ian Moore??.... lol)
An out and out winger for the left side - Fed up of Ellison already but I think he's a good squad player.
Centre Midfielder to partner McLaren. I think if we get a good one, we could control the middle next year.

Anyways, theres my 5 mins of typing over. Aint felt like posting for a while but hey! haha.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nice post..

but we already have a twenty goal a season striker! well, 19 but let's not be picky. you can't expect us to have two 20-goal a season players! now that's just greedy :wink:

greenacre and zola are the two main strikers for me next season. and we have davies and curran waiting in the wings also..

i'd say we need a keeper, maybe a defender as the defence isn't as solid as i thought it would be and definately a midfielder who can create.

im not asking for much :lol:

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Im aloud to be greedy, im a football fan, we are a fical bunch haha :lol:

I hope Zola can get say, 10+ next year and the midfielders get a few goals in, whitch is something we've missed this year.

How many players in, how many out? No names obv...... ;-)

I think we could get some decent players this season. I know we say it every year but we've got to make this push, if we strenghin what we've got in place now, The team will get better, no doubt

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If Zola played most of the season, he would definately get more than 10 goals. I'm confident of that.

Player
Morrisey
If Jennings left I would be upset he is a great, natural footballer and he is what we need in midfield when we play the 4-3-3. If Macca goes then he will slot in the middle as the holding player just a treat. Look forward to seeing him play next season.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I think you do some good posts but im sorry, I must disagree. I think Jennings is terrible, he hasnt improved much over the last 4 years and to be fair, he has found his level. Is he playing week in week out for the team he was loaned to, I dont think so and if he has it hasn't been full games.

A player a little bit like Dagnall, definatley reached his development point. Time to go!!!

(Felt bad after that, dont like player bashing but im passionate on the fact of we seem to hold onto players who dont/wont develop further)

Player
Goodison
Moore and Mcateer dont get along, they already had one falling out over not allowing him to be manager of Macclesfield. He also said on soccer AM that if he was offered a managers job he would take it. So i wouldnt be surprised if he left to manage a team. I also wouldnt be surprised if he just left.

Player
Morrisey
The Rovers!, I have been watching him at Hereford regularly and he plays week in, week out. He plays for 90 minutes and runs the show. He was injured for about a month over March and during that time they lost a load of games and slipped away from the playoffs (a position which they aquired whilst Jennings was there). I used to think that he was a waste of space but since I have seen him playing in a holding role I have realised that he is a good footballer and one we should keep hold. Not only should we keep him because he is good and his heart is in the club but also because he is cheap. He would work a treat in our new 'away formation'. Please just wait to see him play and then if you come back with the same conclusion then we shall agree to disagree but I urge you to give him one more chance.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I'l see what I can do but no promises ;-) . I doubt he will get much of a shout next season because we will have some new players but if he does play then you never know! :lol: