• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Match of the season

DIW

Player
Goodison
Hope this is in the right section, seems to be right for me. I was set thinking by a post in the Scunthorpe discussion, which were your matches of the season? Which did you enjoy the most? And why?

Personally I would go for

1. Preston at home. Finally we came from behind to win a game. At this point we all knew that with Ronnie back the players had the fight in them to pull clear from relegation.

2. Huddersfield at home. Played really well.

3. Preston away. Great atmosphere, SWA in fine form, we played really well, and Akins was immense. I know we lost but it was a good afternoon out.

Worst?
Blimey where do you start?
Bury away was pretty poor.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would agree with preston at home just for the comeback to win, sheffield united would be up there for me as thought we played deccent as well as huddersfield.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Only been away once this season. Of the best home games;

Stevenage. 3-0 against a side who made the play-offs can't be bad.

Tie between the home draws with Sheffield United and Huddersfield next.

Worst. The 0-0 home game with relegated Rochdale.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The best performances I saw were away at Brentford and Preston where we played some great football, but the most satisfying win was probably at home to Preston, as suggested above: a really spirited display which finally put the 'can't come from behind' hoodoo to rest and indicated we would survive under RM, and watched by the real diehards.

Player
Liam Palmer
Charlton away. Robbed blind against a team which romped the league.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sadly, I only get to the c**p games. At Stevenage, they went a goal up, had a man sent off and then increased their lead. We only started playing in stoppage time. At MK Dons, we went a goal down to atrocious defending, then missed our best chance (a penalty) before they got two soft penalties to win 3-0. The Stevenage game was under Les, so predictable. The MK Dons game was under Ronnie, so really disappointing. If we played any worse than those two games, we don't deserve to be in the top half.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Best games:

Notts County at Home, Ronnies first game and we had to stop the rot, injury time equaliser seemed to revive everyone, I would say turning point of the season.

Stevenage at home, we made a decent Stevenage side look very poor, played some great football.

Rochdale away, yeah it was against a poor team but we dominated them all evening.

Worst games:
Chesterfield away
Wycombe away
Rochdale home

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
preston away

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Charlton away - we played really good football against a top team in front of a big crowd in a hostile stadium . We were very unlucky not to win with even Enoch having a decent game (thought he was on the way back then but alas a flash in the pan) had great spirit and tremendous work rate. Also we gave an excellent performance at Brentford.

For most enjoyment it has to be the resounding home win over Stevenage which about sealed safety in some style and it was so much better in front of a good sized crowd.

The nil nil home draw against Yeovil was awful with Mustafa playing wide right and the tactics bemusing the players as well as the crowd. Also MK Dons away was a feeble performance in a generally dire game and such an anti climax after the preceeding good run. Also maybe worst of all Chesterfield away - can't bear to think of that one.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Enjoyed Hartlepool away - small following midweek but solid performance and just before the wheels fell off. Preston and Stevenage at home - unfortunately missed PNE away.

Worst - the abandoned Accy Stanley away game. Horrific injury dealt with poorly. Quite scary at the time.