• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leyton Orient v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would have gone to this, if we'd still needed something out of the game, but saving my money now. Enoch's broken leg poses a selection dilemma for Les, as we haven't got a like-for-like replacement. Akins is the closest to a target-man type figure available, alternatively, he could put McGurk in the centre and instruct the team to cut out the high-ball. If McChrystal weren't injured, he might have been tempted to play Goodi up front! As it is, he'll be needed in defence.

Brisbane Road, as I prefer to think of it hasn't been a lucky ground for Rovers. If we'd had Showumni up front could have seen us upsetting the O's play-off hopes. As it can can see us losing by a couple of goals.

M

Mal

We did win there 1-0 a couple of years back - it was on my birthday, so a good present. However, it was a lot of losses and draws before that. Even remember Worthington scoring a cracker of an opening goal there when he was Manager but we then got stuffed. I reckon LO will have the jitters because they are so close to catching Bournemouth. I see a 1-0 win for Tranmere. There, that's scuppered our chances.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah, I lived in Leytonstone for a few years, early 90s and went to watch Orient now and then. The only time I saw us there, we won 0-1 with I think a Chris Malkin goal just before h/t.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
with no enoch or mcchrystal i think they will just beat us 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see the formation and team selection tomorrow, in Enoch's absence. I wonder if Les will be tempted to play Akins and McGurk as a front two in a 4-4-2, given that the game is not as crucial as it appeared it would be a couple of weeks ago ? It should be an interesting game given Orient's play-off aspirations.

Tomorrow will be my first visit to the O's in 20 years, my last being a 4-0 thrashing in our Third Division promotion season under Kingy. As I understand it, the ground has changed a little since then.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i think that was a game i went to if it was the same game chris bart-williams scored on his debut aged about 16

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I believe it was, yes. That was certainly Bart Williams's first season playing for Orient.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yeah i went by club coach we got battered they played really well and err we didnt

M

Mal

I'm making my own way. Who is going from here? i'd like to meet someone from here and treat you to a pint :0) Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.