• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Just goes to show ....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
well no, but does any club?

Our annoyance must be with the removal of Ronnie in the first instance. I think we should welcome Barnes to Prenton Park, with positive vocal support for the lads on the pitch. ~Results will guide us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For me the arrival of Barnes/McAteer is the problem. Losing Ronnie but replacing him with one of the proven out of work managers would have been tolerable,if not easy to understand. Replacing with these two clowns is plain daft.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Our annoyance must be with the removal of Ronnie in the first instance. I think we should welcome Barnes to Prenton Park, with positive vocal support for the lads on the pitch. ~Results will guide us.

totally agree!!!

Player
Liam Palmer
Thought Barnes came over quite well in the interviews I've seen. Not saying that means much before a ball has been kicked, but I certainly didn't think "oh dear, what a plonker". Prepared to give him a chance, a proper chance. Maybe we'll even see some excitement back at Prenton Park....

Player
Liam Palmer
"When I look at Tranmere it’s like a brand new house 10 years ago which hasn’t been decorated since. It’s gone a little bit sad. What we need is enthusiasm from everyone through from the girls in the ticket office to the playing staff.
"If we all pull together then we can put this club back where it belongs and that’s in the Championship." - Jason McAteer

Liked these comments too - pretty accurate.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
They're saying the right things that is for sure. I do like what the pair of them are saying, but talking only gets you so far. But I believe given a chance they could help us achieve something. A top 6 finish would be a great achievement this coming season, lets see what the duo bring to the table and more importantly to the ptch.