• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Huddersfield 3-3 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow!!

Fantastic game, great comeback and show's there's fight in them yet!
Come on Rovers!! \\:D/

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
lol...

Apparently Hudds were by far the better team but we battled away. Major point of debate concerning our 3rd goal - was it over the line? Who cares. Ridiculous scoreline.

We've only lost 1 in 5 now :cool: Wycombe lost too. 16 points off the playoffs!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
a cracking result, by all accounts we were up against it and hanging on it times but good character to come back 3 times so quickly.
only problem is other results leave us 5 from safety but thats southampton who wont go down so its more like 7 points.
Lets hope we get a win on saturday and can keep the momentum going, all 3 goals from strikers wahay.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Three goals away from home considering are current away form is quite ridiculous. Don't forget, there was also a penalty shout in the second half where we could have gone ahead 3-2, so whilst we may have been under the cosh a bit, there were certainly chances..

Player
Johnny morrissey
Well done to the players & fans, great effort!!!
The S.W.A sounded great on the radio=D>=D>

DixieDean

great result really all things considered. Also other teams around us losing is a bonus. Let's hope it continues.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A totally surreal game.

The home side took an early lead after a Goodison mistake. ITM conjured up a goal a couple of minutes later. The rest of the half was all Huddersfield, they had about 10 corners and only some good saves from Daniels and poor finishing kept us level at the break.

2nd half we were more in the game, but the home side took the lead again. Again they couldn't hold on, this time Craig Curran ran onto a through ball and with a cool finish got Rovers level again. We then had a purple patch and a blatant penalty denied, when Gornell was pulled down. Terry did make a meal of it, but it seemed clearcut, the decision fell to the liner who didn't signal. It looked like that decision would tell against us, when a rather dodgy free-kick awarded against us, ultimately led to a tap-in for Anthony Kay(who else?)! However Ricketts replaced Gornell and made contact with a free-kick, which was cleared from off the line, by the home defence. However said liner was never taught that two wrongs don't make a right and decided to atone for the penalty denial by awarding the goal. Rovers held on for the remaining 10 minutes for a hard-earned point.

This was definitely a point gained, as the Terriers could have been out of sight at half-time. However the home defence was fairly vulnerable and I wonder whether we might have done even better with a more positive approach. Defending too deep, giving the ball away too cheaply, we were the architects of our own misfortune.

MoM An argument could be made for Daniels, who kept us in the game and Logan, who had one of his best games defensively at one end. At the other, all three forwards worked their socks off. Maybe too the 317 away fans, who never gave up cheering on the team, many of whom have a rather longer journey home than the author=D>

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Nice to see a report so quickly. Thanks, Boz.

This must do a lot for the team's confidence, particularly the three strikers. To hit back so quickly three times away from home against one of the division's top sides is remarkable.

I'm not counting my chickens, but if we win on Saturday, we will definitely move off the bottom. Wycombe and Stockport, who both have the same points as us, are playing each other.

December will be a busy month. By the end, I'm hopeful we will have moved a lot nearer to safety.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Indeed a great result that I never expected.

Have to praise the character to come back 3 times after going behind. Nice to see also that Kay apparently didn't celebrate his goal, even though he must have thought he had got the winner.

Good stats too - 7/8 shots on target and 3 strikers all scoring.

What is a good result must be followed up with a win on Saturday against Brentford.

Still need a new manager tho....or do we ?!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
What a great result, something I certainly didn't expect. Didn't need to see the scorer of their late third...just knew it would be Kay....kudos to him though for not celebrating....top bloke.

Another win on Saturday could make a real difference to our season confidence wise.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Credit to Gornell too, who from the sounds of it had a great game. I'm always quick to criticise the lad, so it's only fair to give him a shout when he's a good game. Also, why are we always so unlucky with penalty decisions?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Still need a new manager tho....or do we ?!

Going off topic, I know, but the answer is yes. Temporary managers can't plan long term or bring in new players - otherwise they make it more difficult for their successor.

Les has done brilliantly under the circumstances, but he says he doesn't want the job. I think we need someone with more experience. If we can't find anyone willing to take the job, we really are in trouble!

Player
Liam Palmer
Lime Green Army!

Great point. Give Les the job - NOW!

We were always going to be under the cosh at Hudds, the way they're playing. So what - only one stat matters 3-3!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I went the game and completely agree with Boz it was really strange. Everytime they scored they kind of opened up and let us have one as well.

Dont know how you felt Boz but for the first time in a long time I actually felt as tho we were all in it together, the management, players and fans. It was a siege mentality of us against everyone else EXACTLY what is needed at the moment.

Well done lads you actually managed to restore my faith in you, roll on saturday and more importantly roll on the replay.

Confidence is something you cant put a price on!=D>

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BunnyBellEnd, totally agree with you mate. The bond between the fans & players was strong, in a way it wasn't under JB. I do feel that supporters can make a real difference, especially away from home.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The result is brilliant.. a point away at Huddersfield. Great.

BUT

what makes me smile is this...

WE'VE GOT OUR TRANMERE BACK, WE GOT OUR TRANMERE BACK
WE'VE GOT OUR TRANMERE BACK