• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Grecians v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Trip down to the west country to try and break our 3 game losing run. Exeter are near the bottom, but starting to put a bit of a run together, so this one won't be easy.

A few decisions for Les to make. The Weir suspension will probably let Joss into central midfield, especially given all the positive noises on the o/s. Power, Robinson or Ash Taylor are alternatives, though excepting Max, not ones I'd feel comfortable with. It also looks like Mustafa will be rested, with Akins starting up front if Enoch isn't fit.

While hoping that the Trust subsidised coach may have the same positive effect as at Bournemouth, a draw seems the most likely outcome here.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We rarely perform well on really long away trips, and Exeter are unbeaten since the middle of October, so the omens are not particularly good for Saturday. However, this game might be our best chance of picking up three points before Christmas considering the two really tough fixtures that follow.

I don't object to playing Akins up front, but feel that Tiryaki is being harshly treated in not receiving Les's full backing. He has been much better than Enoch this season in my view, and his goals to games ratio is decent, but Les seems reluctant to show faith in him as the number one striker.

After facing some tough, well organised sides in the league recently (Colchester, Wednesday), maybe a game against footballing purists can bring a change of fortunes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tough one this, but we could do with turning out a decent performance here and remain hopeful we can pick up at least a point to reverse our poor results recently. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy with a draw.

I agree about Tiryaki but he does tend to blow hot and cold a little. He certainly deserves to be given more of a chance though. I would much rather see him up front than Akins. Akins has great stamina and pace but he'll get bullied by the centre backs and his shooting/finishing isn't of great quality.

Anyone going?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Given our recent run and how tight it is in the league, I hope Les is positive with this one and goes out to win it - especially as MK Dons are the next visitors to PP.

I'd start with Akins down the middle with Robbo on the right and McGurk on the left - with Devaney waiting on the bench.

Les has said Enoch and Zoom are both missing and he has tried (unsuccessfully) to sign a striker on loan. Obviously doesnt have much faith in Chicken so best to go with Lucas for Saturday and see how we go.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agree with RLC on Tiryaki, who I think has done well. God knows why Les wanted to bring Enoch back into the starting line-up.

I'd start the same team that played against Sheff Weds.

drwhoman

GRECIANS

Exeter lost a tough Cup game at Walsall on Wed night (from memory it went to extra time) so let us hope they are not too fresh! They lost as well. Might balance out our boys having had a long trip! Clearly Les is not a Chicken fan. Saw Eccleston score a couple of good goals for Liverpool Res the other day having just returned from a month at Rochdale. Very quick. He would be worth a go if we could get him. Any news on Baxter or have I missed it?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
Liam Palmer
Les did well to bring in that keeper after OFW broke his hand. He's a good keeper, was playing premier league last season - hope people don't go on about his last game for Leeds!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah his confidence can't be that great after his last performance for Leeds a couple of weeks ago so we may need to give him a lot of protection early on

DIW

Player
Goodison
Bollox. They've had one shot in the first half we're losing 1 nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.