• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Glovers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On the official site, Les mentions Goodi, Joss, Adam & Sam as being looked at tomorrow to assess their fitness. Given the gloomy comments earlier in the week about only 12 fit players, do we assume that Welsh, McLaren, Enoch are definitely out?

Assuming the worst case scenario none of the above make it (allowing poetic licence re McLaren, whose possible absence is a relief), I'd guess we'd line up something like;

Collister
Darville Grandison Wood/Zoum Cresswell
Mendy Blanchard Fraughan
Jennings Akins ITM

Hopefully some of the others will be fit to bolster the side. I'd hope Les would leave the midfield alone from last week, though it may be Blanchard is deployed at the back, if say Welsh or Joss was fit.

Have to admit I'm fairly ignorant about Yeovil, though they have loaned back one of their old boys Williams from Bristol City.

Prediction. We need a point from this one. Whether this is achieved will depend on how depleted we are through injury, it could be we are very short of experience both on the field and the bench.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not sure how this one will go.

On the one hand, after we played so well last week, and they took a battering, if we can get an early goal we should be okay and their heads may drop and their fans will get on their backs

But with this being Tranmere, we dont often get early goals...or any goals for that matter !!

On the other hand if they have made a lot of changes and been givin a dressin down by their mgr, they may be well up for it right from the off.

I suppose a draw away from home wouldnt be a bad result....

Player
Goodison
Of the players mentioned by Les to be doubts for Saturday, Goodison will play - he always does, whilst I suspect Labadie and Morrow may make the bench. As for McGurk he didn't look too good on Saturday so I doubt he will make it.

I think we assume that McLaren and Welsh are still out, but Showunmi may have recovered.

Predicted Line up:

Collister

Darville Grandison Goodison Creswell

Mendy Blanchard Fraughan

ITM Showoddywoddy Akins

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Predicted Line up:

Collister

Darville Grandison Goodison Creswell

Mendy Blanchard Fraughan

ITM Showoddywoddy Brown
Kayleden Brown has returned to WBA. However, Lucas Akins scored twice last night for the reserves, so must be in line for a game. Dale Jennings scored a goal and made one, so he should be on the bench.

Let's hope this season's away form continues and we don't go back to last season's performances on the road.

Player
Goodison
Akins is predicted then, although I would rather see Jennings or Fraughan, or even Zoom out there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Goodison will play - he always does
Yep, that's for sure.

So Collister in goal.
Darville, Goodison, Grandison and Cresswell in goal.

I'd stick with the midfield trio of Mendy Blanchard and Fraughan.

With ITM and Showumni up front.
There's a few options for the last place up front.

McGurk if fit, but we have Akins and maybe even Morrow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeovil have had a worse start to the season than us. 4 points from 5 games and second from bottom in the table.

They won their first game of the season 2-1 against Orient and since then it's been downhill.

Their next six games, they managed one draw against Oldham and lost the other five.

They are really struggling, and we really should give this a go. Don't play for a draw, be positive and go for a win!

Prediction: 2-1 Rovers.

Player
Goodison
They are really struggling, and we really should give this a go. Don't play for a draw, be positive and go for a win!

The problem is, this is the kind of team we usually struggle against:roll:.

M

Mal

'The problem is, this is the kind of team we usually struggle against:roll:. ' followed by 'Always look on the bright side of life'?

That must be a variation of an oxymoron!

Overall, haven't we done quite well away at Yoevil?

Player
Goodison
'The problem is, this is the kind of team we usually struggle against:roll:. ' followed by 'Always look on the bright side of life'?

I was just pointing out we have a habit of not beating teams near the bottom - Wycombe, Dagenham, Exeter etc. I thought we had moved on from pointless off topic posts. We also lost 2-1 at there place last season with a similar situation regarding injuries.

O

OneNightInGayParis

2-1 win to Rovers. ITM to score in 90+3 as Yeovil push for the winner.

M

Mal

so overall we have won 5 drawn 3 and lost 2? and there is a 40% chance we'll lose away based on the statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.