• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gills 0 - 1 People's Republic of Wirral

smilingmart

Get In Tranmere! Get in Les Parry! Get in the People's Republic of the Wirral!

"Every ball's a white ball..."

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic result. What an amazing game this is. I was ready to hang myself after the Oldham game, now the fight is back on. Well played lads =D>

The result is even more surprising considering we had no Goodison which usually spells instant doom. A clean sheet and a new look back four with Broomes and Mcready in the centre.

Did anyone go?

smilingmart

I didn't go and didn't see the result till gone ten o'clock. I was busy meditating.

To continue with a tight defence......

Goodison missing was a worry but I think the upshot of playing Ash Taylor as a defensive cover in front of any pairing of centre backs is most definitely the answer.
Finding room for Barnett and his bit of creativity is surely next most needed on the agenda, and well done to Shuker for staying off the pitch completely we couldnt have done it with you.
Must agree over the idea of playing Cresswell and Bakayoko on the left as a solid attacking and defensive partnership - I would mirror that on the right side with Logan and Barnett.
Taylor and Welsh cetral midfield with Curran and Sordell up front. Lets be bold Les - the points are there for the taking no matter who we play, arent they?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well done Les and the lads ! I didnt agree with his team selection etc against Oldham but he made necessary changes and going back to the
4-3-3, especially away from home, worked a treat.

Nice to see a clean sheet without Goodison - when was the last time that happened ?!?

The strength of the squad was showed with a new centre back pairing playing plus Edds coming on for Taylor after 25mins showed we have a quality squad/back up.

Now only 3 points away from 16th !! And only goal difference keeps us in the relegation zone - what a difference a couple of days makes!

Nice to see Oldham are back in trouble after conceding 4 at Swindon

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Three points is massive when you are struggling near the bottom and like you say Sparky, what a difference a couple of days makes. Well, it's certainly looking more promising. Edds sounded like he had a good game when he came on for Ash.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Nice to see a clean sheet without Goodison - when was the last time that happened ?!?

We don't normally get even a point without Goodi in the team, so a clean sheet and three points is fantastic. Chris McCready could prove to be a very good signing by Les.

Made up with the result, like everyone has already mentioned, we were all down after Saturday, so it was vital that we got a positive response last night. Now we need to build on it again and not put in another Oldham performance. We should travel to Southend with confidence and give them a good game.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Goodison missing was a worry but I think the upshot of playing Ash Taylor as a defensive cover in front of any pairing of centre backs is most definitely the answer.
Finding room for Barnett and his bit of creativity is surely next most needed on the agenda, and well done to Shuker for staying off the pitch completely we couldnt have done it with you.
Must agree over the idea of playing Cresswell and Bakayoko on the left as a solid attacking and defensive partnership - I would mirror that on the right side with Logan and Barnett.
Taylor and Welsh cetral midfield with Curran and Sordell up front. Lets be bold Les - the points are there for the taking no matter who we play, arent they?

I agree. Well, not much to choose between ITM and Curran.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
and well done to Shuker for staying off the pitch completely we couldnt have done it with you.

After we've won a crucial game, I cannot see the point of your endless bile against Shuker. It's a credit to the players who were on the pitch that we won, rather than a reflection on the absentees. I'd be more interested in the reason behind your venom, wouldn't he sign your autograph book?:roll:

Also Ash Taylor only lasted about 20 minutes and by all accounts Gareth Edds, his replacement had an excellent game. It may be that Ash's hamstring problems keep him out for a bit, if so Gareth is an able replacement. My preference would be him ahead of McLaren when Ash is fit.

Also in case it escaped your notice, Ian Thomas-Moore got the winning goal and it would be daft to drop him at this stage.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Oh yeah, I'd rather have Taylor at the back tbh.

Still hate McLaren though.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Progress

Most of the team are showing fighting spirit more often than not, shame if Taylor is out with injury but I'm pleased we have McCready. And I think Edds is a solid pro trying whenever he plays....and so onto my so called "bile " against shuker....fully merited since he is the number 1 non trier far more often than anyone else - for that reason alone he should be left out. If he works hard for the team then hes in with a chance same as everybody else, plain fact is hes lazy and shirks more than serves. If you want an example of the opposite look no further than Welsh - forever trying without a show of selfishness nor is he constantly moaning at Refs for fouls.

Roll on the weekend and a team of triers working hard for the club.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ahhhh...Tranmere fans and scapegoating :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Most of the team are showing fighting spirit more often than not, shame if Taylor is out with injury but I'm pleased we have McCready. And I think Edds is a solid pro trying whenever he plays....and so onto my so called "bile " against shuker....fully merited since he is the number 1 non trier far more often than anyone else - for that reason alone he should be left out. If he works hard for the team then hes in with a chance same as everybody else, plain fact is hes lazy and shirks more than serves. If you want an example of the opposite look no further than Welsh - forever trying without a show of selfishness nor is he constantly moaning at Refs for fouls.

Bootle Rover, your anti-Shuker vendetta is reaching the same level of monotony as the Johnson out comments. How many times have you seen Paul McLaren busting a gut, when the going gets tough he's one of the first to get going. Imo lazier than Shuker.While I've no quibble about Welsh, he was largely anonymous against Oldham and in the Barnes era was whingeing about how he was required to play was not to his strengths. Of the current squad, most of them try hard most of the time. My favourite current player is Craig Curran, as whatever his faults, he never skimps on effort. Unlike you, I recognise the world as it really is; shades of grey rather than merely black or white.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
We won dont let it turn into an arguement!

Johnson out!;-):-D