• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

England so far..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So what does everyone think of England so far? Another lacklustre performance today against an equally poor Ecuador side made for one of the worst matches thus far.

Compare that to the fantastic Argentina v Mexico game last night, no contest.

That's England's last chance though. Any more performances like that, and we'll be out. Next we have either Portugal or Holland. Let's hope it's the dutch, but I can't see it.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
As an Irish man looking in I really thought that England would perform much better in this competition but so far I've not been impressed. I've actually enjoyed watching Australia more as I never expected them to be so passionate about their play and who would've thought 80 minutes into a match against Brazil they would've had more shots on target than the World Champions.

There's definitely no get up and go from this England side. OK, they're still in the competition and I have to say well done, but I have to agree with Ian, whoever they face in the next round might just finish them off (I hope not).

As far as the match between Holland & Portugal tonight I honestly think the Portugese will swing it. They've been my outside prediction from day one, had a few scary moments in the group but I think they can beat Holland, and then I can't really see England stopping them.

After that it's anyone's game to be honest. And if England survive the next round, you just never know do you??

(By the way I am supporting England).
=D>=D>=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, you were right about Portugal winning. But what a game!! Some dire refereeing and player stupidity actually spoilt was what turning out to be a great second half.

Let's hope we can beat big Phil's men this time.

B

Banana Army

No chance. We're playing bollocks, Big Phil's never lost a world cup game and in the past two major tournies, we've ben knocked out by his side in the quarters both times.

Have you noticed that we've stumbled all the way to the quarters of the bst competition in the world with out ever playing well, and yet to reach this point in 2002, we had to beat the argies, draw with a 10 x better swedish team and thrash the danes. I had more belief going into last years quarter final game against the best team in the world 4 years ago than i do this time against a side that are certainly no better than us!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Having been at the 3 group matches, I can safely say it was not classic England. In those games there was a lack of flowing football and flair, apart from when Rooney came on vs T&T and Sweden.

We don't seem to have a major goal threat, even when MO was there he never looked like he used to be. Goals from midfield will be all important and Lampard shooting has been very poor so...

Thought we looked ok yesterday, when we got it down on the deck and played we were not bad, but again didnt look like scoring. Rooney is brilliant and could win games on his own, but playing the lone striker role means that threat is lessened as well.

After watching the appalling Portugal game last night, weshould have no fears about them though. Cheats spring to mind. Lets hope we have a strong and good ref as that Russian is the worst ref at the world cup! Including Mr Poll!!!