• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Embarassed to be a Rover

Long time no write. Just been watching my beloved club from afar
Not a good time to be a rover if im honest. What the hell are the club playing at??

• Firstly congratulations on completing a one-two over Crewe, surely to god they must have a blind man as their chief scout and someone with big fingers as the accountant! Did they actually mean £20,000
  • Can the person who had responsibility for the Davis debacle please stand up and close the door on the way out. What a pathetic group of supposed professionals we must have in the background "looking after" our once mighty respected Rovers.
  • Thanks once again for Her Majesty's foresight in the groundbreaking decision in sticking with Ronnie Long Ball, did I dream that once we had attacking fullbacks? I must have......
  • Website... Once again excels in keeping us ardent supporters glued to our monitors with its excellent up to date coverage of PP, i look forward to seeing Robbie Stockdale and his wonderful forays into the the opponents half!!
  • Oh well, Ill sort out my tickets for the Liverpool match, dont seem to be on there just yet!!! Of course why bother announcing the prices, idiots like us will pay whatever the cost to see a friendly nearly a month before the domestic season gets underway?????
  • Anyway lets keep ourselves entertained checking out new player profiles we look forward to watching this season, at a time of the close season when clubs have been signing players left right and centre, Crewe a club some would say somewhat smaller than Rovers have bought 4 players, two of them for 6 figure sums, clubs up and down the land have more arrivals and departures than heathrow yet Ronnie Long Ball has ran out of players to sign from Oldham and Rotherham!! His youth squad has obviously decided that they cant be arsed trying to impress him as they are all 10 years too young etc etc etc
  • Dick Edds
  • you know the craic you are all feeling it!!!!!! we'll be lucky to stay up!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
AJSM I'm delighted you're back posting and I'm looking forward to being on the receiving end of some decent banter for a change. Because that's what it's about.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
  • Firstly congratulations on completing a one-two over Crewe, surely to god they must have a blind man as their chief scout and someone with big fingers as the accountant! Did they actually mean £20,000
Great bit of business!
  • Can the person who had responsibility for the Davis debacle please stand up and close the door on the way out. What a pathetic group of supposed professionals we must have in the background "looking after" our once mighty respected Rovers.
Clubs have no protection over young players anymore. The club, the player and his agent knows this, which is why Davies just fooked off and didn't have the courtesy or manners to contact the club. You can't blame the club for what happened. The club offered him an improved deal, a club in a higher division offered him a contract. The rest is history..

Chill out Al, have faith in Ronnie, players will be coming..

drwhoman

Liverpool game

Agree with Al re the Liverpool game. The reality is that non of the Pool Spaniards will be back in training until late July while the other internationals who played this summer are not back until 7th July (Pool website). Therefore, the Pool team against Rovers will include Hyppia, Finnan and a few other first team squad members but there will be a heavy sprinkling of reserves. There will also be lots of subs - still it is a gesture from Pool to a local neighbour so we should not be too critical. All we need now is a few players for the game - has Ronnie got enough senior guys for the team and bench?!!! Even if he signs some this week they will just about know their team mates names before the 12th! Perhaps he should get a few of the successful Pool reserve team on loan!