• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Dons 1 - 2 Tranmere

DixieDean

hopefully Facey has won a few more fans after the winner :lol:

my pre-season prediction on a 16th place finish is still on the cards :-D

so pleased we are staying up but Little still has to go...=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, god, that was intense. To have 3 goals in the last 3 mins of the game. Well done to the lads. Excellent win and to all those that went. You made one hell of a noise. =D>

I need to calm down right now...

Thanks to all for joining me in the chat room, its was emotional. :cool:

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
we are safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank god

S

Stephen

is right boys stayin up bout time we secured our leauge 1 status well done facey your a true great

S

Seanyb

Made up were still in league 1. However, BL deserves no credit. He still must go in the summer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Safe, now let's look forward.

We got 100% effort and commitment from everyone today. How often could we say that this season? It wasn't pretty. It was tough. But we played sensibly and eventually got the breaks.

I had a sneaking feeling our luck was changing when McAteer got his ban rescinded and Matt Murray got recalled. Macca and Wilson were outstanding. Then it got better when Goodison was injured in the warm-up and Tremarco played.

For the first time this season we can relax next Saturday. I hope little gives a couple of the youngsters a run out.

What a waste of a season we have had. League One has been so tight this year with no runaway teams. If we'd played as well this season as last seaon, we'd be loking forward to Championship football in August.

As for next season, I just hope we can hold onto our best players. Robbo will go. His skill and vision will be missed, but we have our best youngster in Carl Tremarco to take his place. I hope we get better players joining us than we got last summer (Greenacre apart). I'd like quality not quantity and rely on the loan system, which has done us well.

I think we'll know where we stand by the end of September. If we are in the top six, let's get behind Brian. If not, he'll have to go.

B

Banana Army

Saved by the Del

****ing awesome. I know i shouldnt really be celebrating survival as promotion was on the agenda at this stage last year, but i am. And i ****in love the feeling

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Haven't I been saying all season that Facey was a great player :wink:

Delighted with the result today, sounds like it was an intense last 5 minutes. Gutted I couldn't be there.

Looking forward to Donny next week now.

With just a tiny bit of ambition next season, we can really make a push for promotion.

COME ON ROVERS =D>

PS: Did anyone notice the attendance today? 7'777. Well, it wasn't lucky for the MK Dons was it? :cool:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
hehe, yeah, very bizzare attendance figure. it must have meant something. i think because of the situation we were in, we were all so relieved when the final whistle came knowing that we are safe for next season.

as i said in the chat before, i'll be looking forward to the world cup in the summer and then knuckling down to next season. what a disaster its been this season. i hope we see many changes before next season, however i highly doubt it.

S

Stephen

cudnt agree more with you bannana army and hey gray ur right bout facey
=D> we ar stayin up we ar stayin up=D>
bring on the donny

S

Stephen

ite ian its stehen here just sayin tar for changing the ursername 4 me nice 1 mate
great resullt today
ste:wink:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Makes me sick to think of the number of times we've capitulated this season when 1-0 down with 25 minutes to play. This result proves that there are always still goals to be had if you are prepared to go for them, but Little's side will only turn it on when his job is threatened. Saddening.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I couldn't agree more Higgy. Things need to be shaken up and quick. If Rogers is supporting her manager she needs to let him know that we need to be more creative and take some more risks. We've proved a number of times this season that we can play good football and we don't need to guard things so much.

I don't have the convenience of going to any games so I rely on you guys to fill me in on whats going on week in week out and get the rest from unofficial sites and the not so reliable official one.

I never expected to be in this position at the end of this season considering we finished last year so well.

Onwards and upwards is the only way to look at things I suppose.

And so you guys know, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for England in the world cup. I hope you at the very least get a semi final place.

S

Stephen

tar bout england m8 but bad news on rooney a key player gonna b out at least 6 weeks so wont play in 1st game maybe 2nd an 3rd aswell bad loss wif out him were nowhere near as gud need im back
a quick recovery is needed wayne come on fella
get back 4 dat world cup

B

bwilliams

Great win, were staying in League 1.

It should never have come to this though.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
i say we dnt play roberts and give tremarco or goodison a chance at left back. hes not stayin so he shudnt be playin. GREAT SREVANT TO THE CLUB THOUGH!!!!!!!!

Player
Morrisey
Nicely taken goal by Facey, but I really didn't think that he played well. Robert's looked so cool and calm for the whole game abd to be honest I thought that the whole defence was on form. Tremaco had a good game, however he needs to find that yard of pace. Jennings really did impress me, I think he is a great prospect. Macca. Well what a game! He spread the ball when it needed to be, he go back and defended and he put lots of balls in the box including for our first goal. also Baker was beaten by his freekick. Harrison still hasn't won me over. he was disappointing. Greenacre put their defence under pressure and made some good runs wide in the oenalty box. Finally Wilson. He didn't have too many testing saves to make but he still commanded the area and took crosses well and saved two really testing shots. I still think that he needs to distribute the ball abit better and quicker but I am just being picky now!

But yesterdays MOTM has to be the support. It was amazing! It had such a carnival atmosphere and when the ball came in to the stand and wasn't returned I was pissing myself.

Was everyone in Wetherspoons before hand? It was so amazing the amopunt of support we had!

All in all a great day!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Amazing and the relief when Facey scored is one that I have never experienced before. The way my emotions changed so quickly was unbelieveble. One moment I was going mad the next I had my head in my hands thinking they were going to score again and then I was going mad again. Quality and typical Tranmere... Never do it the easy way! As for Facey he is inconsistant but I would like to see him retained and think he could be useful next season for us in coming off the bench when defences are tired. Made up with yesterday but obviously disappointed with the season as a whole. Just have to hope for major changes in the summer and a promotion push next season. By the way really enjoyed the chat room... thanks for that Ian and will use it again definitely.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
One of if not the, best away games I've been to.

Support was great, and the moment we scored was just unforgettable, bout 50 fasn leaped on to the pitch about a dpzen were chucked out but it was worth it.

Dancing on the streets at the end, players even singing along to "we are staying up" brilliant!

MK Dons fans taking the piss singin your not singing anymore then facey went and scored haha. What a day!