• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Donny 3 Rovers 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounded like a pretty comprehensive defeat tonight, with Doncaster having too much quality for us, particularly in both boxes. We threatened at times but defended naively it seems, and left the front man too isolated, by-passing Robinson.

I'm not too concerned as it was always going to be a difficult tie, even against a depleted Doncaster side, but I just hope confidence hasn't been dented too badly.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A bit of a reality check, I fear. Even Les didn't seem confident before the game. Positives must be the return of Enoch with Muzzie and Martin getting another 45 minutes towards full match fitness. Three-nil sounds bad, but last year we were resilient and bounced back after defeats. Let's take stock again after the next two (away) matches.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Exactly, while cup runs are nice, id rather get the points on the board in the bread and butter. Listening on merseyside we sounded outclassed, doesnt bode well if (Forever the optimist!) we managed to get up, but for now, lets get in contention first before we worry about being beaten by championship teams...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just beaten by a much better team. Looking on the bright side, Fon Williams seemed to have a good game. He was certainly busy enough!

Player
Goodison
Glad I didn't go in the end, giving away a penalty in the first 5 minutes away from home is suicide. Not too bothered by the result, Donny are a better side and can probably pass there way round Parry's run after them as fast as you can when we don't have the ball strategy.