• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Doncaster 0 - 2 Tranmere

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
BRILLIANT :D

Davies and Jennings on the scoresheet. Come on you young lads :!:

Jennings getting his in the last minute so it sounds like we didn't sit back on our 1 goal lead.

Was being dragged around the Bull Ring in Birmingham by my girlfriend and her mate so had to get the team on my mobile. Had a feeling we'd do it today when I saw the team. It's the team we've been crying out for all season 4-3-3 with Robbo at LB instead of Goodison.

How did the new O'Leary lad play :?:

Looking forward to hearing reports from those that went. Have we 'turned the corner' :?:

SUPER WHITE ARMY :!:

DixieDean

and Goodison started on the bench!.... FINALLY BRIAN HAS SEEN SENSE!

C

championship_here_we_come

yes at last we have scored also we have won
get in
we are going up
same team team next week please
davies + jenno score
that telling you anything brain

C

DixieDean said:

howveer he did come on for davies about 3 minutes after he had scored

Gray

Player
championship_here_we_come said:
we are going up

LOL :lol: Great stuff :!:

We've only won one game :roll:

Let's hope so though eh. :D

C

Gray said:
LOL :lol: Great stuff :!:

We've only won one game :roll:

Let's hope so though eh. :D

well the table is quite tight and if we now pick up a winning streak i can see us moving up the table quite quickly

Gray

Player
championship_here_we_come said:
well the table is quite tight and if we now pick up a winning streak i can see us moving up the table quite quickly

I know what you mean, couple more wins and we'll be in the top half, couple more and it'll be play-off positions. COME ON :!:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
DixieDean said:

And we win. Doesn't take a genius to spot the DIRECT correlation there.

I've gone from :evil: to more like :twisted:

evo_trfc

brilliant result 2-0 away from home quality stuff good to see the 4-3-3 and Goodison was on the bench :D Tranmere worked hard to stop Doncaster playing and the tactic paid off.

Little said we are going to Doncaster to get points and thats we did, this shows when he is positive the team plays better and looked what happened today
Great Win

COme ON Rovers

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
LOL. Great stuff really enjoyed my day today.

Glad davies got a goal well deserved three points, forst half was a bit boring but second half was muchj livlier from both teams, glad we won, 2-0 is a great score to win shows we didnt scrape it we got a good proper win.

Thornton got alot of abuse I was in the thick of it, I really gave him loads as did about 300 others. Our fansa were crazy when we scored, the ones sitting, someone called Dave I know was sitting next to mark rankines nephew and he said that his nephew said to hiom look at them theyer crazy and people around rhem are mazed at howe mad we were going. good stuff.

Glad to see us win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like a convincing win in the end... and the manager played with 3 up front, which most of us had been praying for. Few queries for those who went;

How good was O'Leary? Expect we'll have to manage without him for the Cup game to avoid him getting Cup-tied.

Any idea why Davies taken off so soon after scoring? I was worried that we were going too defensive at this point, also the lad's just scored, got his tail up, seems more obvious to remove one of the other strikers if you want to alter the formation.

Stephen Jennings scored, how well did he play? While think he falls into the 'promising' category, he does seem to get favourable treatment from BL in comparison with some of the other youngsters.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent result! Delighted! It seems like the lads showing determination, character and spirit.

Something we've been missing in recent weeks. Great to see Davies getting off the mark. Think he was taken off as Little was concerned he was tiring towards the end.

Nice to see Jennings getting another. He must be full of confidence at the moment. Hope he keeps it up.

Playing O'Leary in the centre may have been the difference. If he's as good as I've heard, he may be just what we need in midfield.

It was a much more positive display from the start, and this we should be seeing more. It just shows, with a bit of PMA what can be achieved. Let's hope we can sustain this.

Boz said:
Sounds like a convincing win in the end... and the manager played with 3 up front, which most of us had been praying for. Few queries for those who went;

How good was O'Leary? Expect we'll have to manage without him for the Cup game to avoid him getting Cup-tied.

Any idea why Davies taken off so soon after scoring? I was worried that we were going too defensive at this point, also the lad's just scored, got his tail up, seems more obvious to remove one of the other strikers if you want to alter the formation.

Stephen Jennings scored, how well did he play? While think he falls into the 'promising' category, he does seem to get favourable treatment from BL in comparison with some of the other youngsters.

it's amazing what a win can do! i would like to congratulate a few people. first davies and jennings on scoring and second,BL for his decision to leave out goodi! i don't think that goodi's that bad of a player,it's just that we have better defenders than him! BL nearly cocked it up though with his negative substitution! Davies was so unlucky to go off(he had a real good 2nd half).i know people might say that little was just being sensible with his substitution,but it fired up the donny crowd and players.we had a few nervous moments down our left.i thought linwood coped really well with mcindoe,who somehow got mom :!: :? jackson and sharps were run ragged in the first half but got it together in the second and dealt really well with the donkey(fortune-west).roberts gave us more of a solid look at left back,and little please leave him there!

moving on to the midfield(which i thought we dominated throughout)it was pleasing to see someone put his foot on the ball and pick out a pass rather than just hoof it forward in hope of someone getting on the end of it!and stephen o'leary was the man,not only did he do the passin' he also got stuck in!with rankine prepared to sit and break up any donny attack it gave jenno licence to bomb on and he did it to tremendous effect and thoroughly deserved his 'goal'.i would also count davies and facey in the midfield cos' the both of them at to attack and defend and where often found in a wingers position(especially in the first half)!

on to the striker i thought that chrissy deserved a goal and was unlucky not to get one.he worked ever so hard and there big dozy centre back tried his best to go right through him,but chrissy stood strong and ran jenno close for my man of match award!

well done lads,it's good to get a win again and a few goals.Happy Rover :D :D :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I made the trip had a great laugh and finally relieved thatwe won a game and a game away from home. We played like we played most of last season, we need to keep this form up

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Great result and just so pleased that we managed a league win... hopefully this can be followed up by a few more quick wins!!