• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

concern over change in boardroom

Player
ian muir
as a rovers supporter of over 20 yrs , to learn of the dismissal of ronnie moore , and the loss of lorraine rodgers am concerned as to what mr johnstone has in store for the club .
in my opinion ronnie moore shouldnt of been sacked he brought us so close this season to bigger league status , i believe if the manager had more funds available they may of helped the squad to get into at least the championship they done well to get to where they did given lack of funds . i look back on the years when mr johnstone was willing to sell of tranmere and turn site into a supermarket worrying times for the club then so am slightly concerned now he is again in charge ????

DixieDean

Johnson (not Johnstone) will do what he believes would be best for the club and best for his own pocket. The dwindling gates are devaluing the club. He's got rid of Moore and will bring in a big name boss who he expects will pull crowds through the gate.

Watch this space.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Why was nothing done before this time? It may be too little too late. Gates have been dwindling for years. To get the good folk of the Wirral back through the gates an awful lot has to change at the club.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
The simple fact is football fans are a fickle bunch and apart from the hardcore fans who turn up every week a large majority will only support clubs when they are being successful. A good example of this is Sunderland and Middlesborough whos attendences go up and down like a gigaloo's backside.
If Rovers begin well and make a sustained challenge for something then the arm chair supporters will start to come back through the turnstiles because lets face it if the club are not doing well the prospect of us v Hereford does not exactly set the old pulse racing. However as we have seen in cup runs success will create interest.
The only way supporters will start coming back through the turnstiles will be if the club look like getting prommoted or possibly if they get a massive cash injection and sign some interesting players in. If not then am afraid the hardcore 5000 or so will still be sitting in a less than half full ground.
Another thing to think about attendances also is that when we were in the championship or whatever it was called then, there were a lot of well supported clubs in the division who regularly sold there allocation at Prenton Park or who brought over 1000 supporters with them. Now however with the exceptions of a couple of teams we see less than 100 away supporters at Prenton Park.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Johnson (not Johnstone) will do what he believes would be best for the club and best for his own pocket. The dwindling gates are devaluing the club. He's got rid of Moore and will bring in a big name boss who he expects will pull crowds through the gate.

Watch this space.

If that's PJ's thinking, though I'd doubt it, then it's flawed. Good players don't automatically make decent managers & my preference would always be for one with a good track record. After that, a rookie boss is preferable to a proven failure. Attendances will only rise by slashing prices, which is uneconomic apparently, or by getting promoted! I don't accept the drop in crowds last season had any correlation with the performances on the pitch, which were mainly good at PP.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
So why do you think he was appointed?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Has anyone actually been appointed yet? For all the speculation, there hasn't been any announcement that I'm aware of. That is a worry in itself. As for trying to understand Johnson's thinking, I'd have more chance being on the same wavelength as an alien from the planet Zog!

I don't know what more people want. The team have been largely unbeaten at home since October. Coyne got the golden glove award for the football league. We so very nearly got into the playoffs. All very big achievements. The main downer of last season was the away form.
I think there are three main things we should do to get more fans in.
1. Improve the stadium - re paint, clean tilets more regularly and improve seating
2. Decrease entrance prices
3. Advertise a lot more and let the Wirral know that we are here - newspapers, radio, leaflets in Birkenhead etc