• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Colchester at least Three - Tranmere 1 if we get lucky, probably 0

DIW

Player
Goodison
Not even half time But I thought I'd start the post match discussion early because we are clearly getting roundly snotted away from home again. 3-0 before half time yet again.

What utter sh1te.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Might be a bit quiet on here until everyone's ISP and browser catches up, but I guess my pre-match thoughts were all in vain. Hoping the lads would start well.

We really have hit rock bottom Mal. Bottom of the league and again the game was over by half time. Is this as good as it gets?

Second worse GD in the league, 1 win in 8.

We weren't even competitive. Yes, we improved in the second half but the damage had been done. Les wanted total commitment from everyone today. I think that says it all.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very disheartening. Les stuck with the side who'd finished against Charlton, but it sounds like there was much sloppy defending. At the other end of the pitch, only 1 shot on target; Enoch's goal and 2 off tells it's own story.

With Bristol Rovers away where we never win and top of the table Brighton @PP a week hence, don't think things can only get better just yet:cry:

DIW

Player
Goodison
We weren't even competitive. Yes, we improved in the second half but the damage had been done.

Exactly like the previous away game. Inexcusable to do it twice in a row.

M

Mal

Well I've been an optimist for a while but it seems that even 18th position wil be a struggle. The only solace is I could bet on a 3-1 loss and have a high chance of winning based on stats.... not really sure where we go to from here. Is it lack of tactical awareness on Les's behalf or just too young a defence. Showunmi seems to have been a good signing but our defence overall is a bit fragile to say the least. losing goals to set pieces is a bit worrying and shows inexperience. do we simply blame PJ for not paying out for experience? Supporters for not turning up and increasing our coffers? It is almost like we are back to Worthington days. Except we have no skilful equivalent to lighten the gloom with moments of genius. I'm having a bad negative day I'm afraid. Apologies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It seems like we cover these topics a lot after defeat, but ultimately, it comes down to lack of investment. If you aren't prepared to put money into the club, then you can't expect the club to compete at this level.

The squad is getting weaker by the season.

It's so restrictive, Les is even having to be careful with the loan signings, saying that we might have to get rid if they aren't playing such is the tight budget.

At least Showunmi is continuing to impress. Sadly, it's just not enough.

Les says: We've got to get back to defending and doing what we do well and we know we'll get chances.
I disagree. No matter how good you defend, we cannot create chances. 3 shots today. Come on, that's awful..