• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Colchester 1 - 0 Tranmere

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

Anyone confident of us staying up? We seem to be getting very shaky at the worst possible time.

Anyone go to / listen to the game today?

B

bwilliams

I heard updates of the match on Radio City, sounded like a poor game though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very shaky indeed. 3 defeats in a row at the worst possible time. Well, there's never a good time, and we entertain Bristol City next. We sit 5 points off the drop zone with 3 games to go. A possible 9 points to play for. I dont think we'll go down. Not because I have confidence in us winning, but because I dont have confidence in the teams below us catching us up.

I listened to the game today and a few people who went have told me the lads actually worked quite hard but it wasnt to be. I think Little's one and only plan before the game was thrown wide open when Aiston limped off. Then we had O'Leary getting sent off so struggled with 10 men for 65 minutes.

There's just no goals in us at all.
We've failed to score a goal in our last 3 games!

I betcha if Zola has been playing we'd have scored at least one.

One last thought. A few people have said to me they won't be renewing their season tickets with that clown in charge next season. See attendances dropping even lower next season. #-o

M

Matthew The Rover

I went and our attendance yesterday was appauling - the one coach was no where near full and in the end 87 people were standing then a further 40 or so sitting, totalling around 130 travelling fans.

On to the game, I feel Brian once again messed it up but I do feel his options were limited when firstly Sam Aiston went off injured and then things got worse when O'Leary was sent off - Little now really couldn't change it around much.

However, it was 1-0 was 30 minutes to go but Brian still left it until there was about 5 minutes (inc. injury time) to play before he brought on Steve Davies - why? We had nothing to lose.

First half he started playing Facey on the wing when Aiston went off injured and O'Leary was sent off. Big mistake Brian. This meant forthe majority of the game Greenacre was playing upfront on his own and he couldn't win anything, no matter how hard he tried (I felt sorry for the guy because of all the effort he put in but got nothing). we kept on pumping long balls forward to Greenacre and they were headed straight back. Why Facey wasn't in the middle with Greenacre I don't know.

I also question why the ball always fell to Steven Jennings when we had a good chance. Two headers he had but why was he the player nearest the goal? Why not Greenacre or Facey - the two strikers.

In the end, I feel we put in the effort but couldnt manage a shot on target again and this is actually the FOURTH, yes FOURTH time this season we've gone on a run of three games (or more) without scoring a goal. And it's now 22 away league games, 14 goals. An appauling record. Just one more stat, if we fail to score against Bristol City, they will be added to the already long(ish) list of teams we have failed to score against this season, these so far being Colchester, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest - Brian needs to sort that out.

In all, I feel that although Brian in the end had only 10 men (or 9 at one point after Sharps was elbowed and had to go off) and therefore the changes he could make were limited. However, I still feel there were alot of things he could have done better than what he did do and his substitutes were strange or far too late (same old same old I suppose).

The referee by the way was quite possibly the worst this season. When he sent O'Leary off, he should have sent their player off too for pushing O'Leary in the face but he only got a yellow card. Consistently through the game he gave little decisions to them which mounted up and we eventually got 4 or 5 yellows plus a red - thats another fine which we could do without. We should have had a penalty in second half when Greenacre was pushed over but got nothing yet when we did the same thing our player often recieved a yellow card. Also the linesman at the other end was there to be seen and not to do his "linesmaning", with his flag going up ever 50 seconds.

MOTM: Jennings had a great game but his shooting was poor whilst Goodison was really calm yet made the odd error. Therefore, again I give it to Steve Wilson. Brilliant game in goal with some fantastic saves and he could do nothing about the goal. One more year please Brian.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's interesting to note about Greenacre playing upfront on his own. Really, what's the point in that!?? He'll huff and puff and get no-where. Playing with one up front is suicide. You need goals to win games. It's just asking for trouble. Jesus, we struggle enough with two up front!

B

bwilliams

I agree Ian. Bristol is a "must win" match in my opinion. Is it true there is going to be a protest after the Bristol City game if we don't get a result?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
It doesnt take a rockets scientist to work that out. All becasue of Little!

I hate him, Little Out! I think we'll go down at this rate, we wont beat City, we won't beat MK, I think we'll beat just gotta hope that's enough.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
After the Forest game I was pleasantly suprised by the effort from our players in this game and well done Delroy who completed 5 minutes at CB at the end of the 1st half. Thought Jennings did well even though he should have got us a point. Oh and it should have been 10 men each and it may have been a different story.