• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cherries v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Looking forward to this one tomorrow as the FA Cup always gives me a warm glow, and feeling strangely optimistic. I think we may at least sneak a draw, to delight what is apparently going to be one of the lowest away turnouts of recent times (we have one mini bus of 15 people going).

Bournemouth's performances are still impressive according to reports, but their goalscoring has slowed since the departure of Pittman. I am working on the positive asumption that we can't lose three away games in succession, and will get something from at least one of the two cup ties.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bournemouth have a few injury doubts, notably Michael Symes, who looked decent up front when they hammered us at PP.

For Rovers, it looked like Liverpool haven't given Peter Gulasci permission to play, though the OS is silent on this. If so a return from the cold for Joe Collister, would be quite a test for him. Both left-backs available, expecting Cresswell to start in what would otherwise be an unchanged line-up from Carlisle.

It's the Cup so anything can happen.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Slightly dreading this one to be honest. Long trip to a good team is the last thing you want from the FA Cup first round. Fear we could be out of the great competition come five to five this afternoon.

Joe Collister will get another chance to shine as Liverpool haven't allowed permission for Gulacsi to play. Weird as I'd be mega surprised if he'd get anywhere near the Liverpool squad when he gets back. But Joe is a good young keeper and didn't really let us down when he was thrown in after Nielsen's injury at the start of the season.

Our tactics should be kept simple. I know he's only 17, but get the ball as much as we can to Jenno. Let him drag defenders out to try and stop him. He can skin them with his pace, or if that fails, theres space for ITM and others to exploit.

Hoping we'll be in the round 2 draw in some form, but fear we may lose by the odd goal :cry:

DIW

Player
Goodison
Not at 2-0 down inside 5 minutes.

Make that 3 down after 7 minutes.

Surely that is unacceptably bad at any level. It's not as if we are playing Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.