• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Celebrity Fans

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have just been looking at someone selling a tranmere shirt on ebay and they have included a massive piece on the history of the club

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-MIZUN...QQihZ001QQcategoryZ123575QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He lists the following people as celebrity fans of the club....knew about one or two of them but a couple were a suprise??

Jonathan Dimbleby (TV presenter)
Paul O'Grady (TV presenter, famous drag queen)
Half Man Half Biscuit (British band)
Elvis Costello (musician)
Ray Stubbs (TV presenter)
Craig Charles (Actor) ??????
Daniel Craig (Actor)

Does anyone know of any other celebrity Super Whites?? Had heard Glenda Jackson was??

I'm the voice over on an Insurance Companies TV advert at the moment so does that count :lol:

Player
Morrisey
Elvis Costello Wrote a song with some content referring to 'Deadly Submarine' I think. Mark Pallios is a fan too. I suppose McAteer is a celebrity. :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Football commentator on BBC... Wilson? Is it Steve Wilson? Also whats her name who was main character in BBC programme 'Keeping up Appearances'. Can't think of her name.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats the one... Can't think of anymore I know though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm the voice over on an Insurance Companies TV advert at the moment so does that count :lol:
Ohh no, the dreaded insurance companies adverts! :wink: Which one? :whistle:

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It's the adverts for MORE THAN insurance, that I do the voice over for. They're on national TV and radio!!!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Just listing famous people from the Wirral doesn't mean they're Rovers fans!

This is like saying Tony Cascarino must be Irish cause he played for Ireland...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think all the ones that have been listed are Tranmere fans.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Well I hope so Joe, cos I'm planning on telling as many people as I can that James Bond supports Tranmere Rovers.

Nomur - come on mate, he only wore the emerald shirt of Eire cos his gran had an Irish wolfhound! Come to think of it, that must be how Aldo got in too. :lol: