• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle 2 Rovers 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Back down to earth after a couple of good results.

With all the pre-match talk of Curran, who was only a late sub, I'd forgotten about James Berrett, who opted to go to Carlisle rather than us on loan and duly gets the first crucial goal, then we concede a 2nd just after the break. 2 penalty saves, first half; ITMs one at the weekend was scuffed after the keeper committed, sort of felt he was due a miss. Sounds like we improved second half after going 442. OS said Akins up front, with ITM wide right, I'd have thought the other way round would make more sense. However at least we had a few attempts on target and the impression given is, in the end, the score flattered the home team.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Even good teams lose the odd game, so I think it's crucial that players and fans don't go back to the 'we are doomed' mentality on the back of one defeat. It is important we get something from the next two games and losing doesn't become a habit again.

Putting ITM out wide in the second half didn't make sense to me, but to be fair, we created plenty of chances after the change of formation. It seems that ITM and Enoch just had an off night in front of goal.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Even good teams lose the odd game, so I think it's crucial that players and fans don't go back to the 'we are doomed' mentality on the back of one defeat. It is important we get something from the next two games and losing doesn't become a habit again.

+1

You know things are going well when we're disappointed to be beaten away. Used to be a given.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah I didnt expect much from this one.

Despite our decent run of late, Carlisle dont concede many and have had a decent season so far. Shame we missed the pen but have to forget about it now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, not too concerned. You can't win them all. Importantly, we did have changes to get something from the game.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
From what I heard and read of the game, we should have got at least a point. A missed penalty, a Joss header cleared off the line, and some great 2nd half chances too, whereas they had fewer opportunities on Gulacsi's goal but scored twice.

Back down to earth after 2 four goal efforts in the league. We still need to score more gols, put them chances away lads. We're slowly getting better though, fingers crossed we can keep improving that side of our game, a bit unlucky on Tuesday I'd say.