• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bradford 2-1 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Gutted... we didn't deserve that. We had penalty appeals turned down in the 2nd half and they went straight up the other end and they hit the underside of the bar and the assistant referee gave the goal and then a minute later Windass went down easily and they got a penno which they scored. Just gutted. Only good point was that we really didn't deserve that and also that Greenacre scored his 1st away goal. We've been robbed today!

smilingmart

The Only competition I give a sh*t about other than league and we're out of it. Oh well I'm sure we'll do better next year :roll:

Player
Morrisey
I am gutted!! I heard their first goal was a bit dodgy but the penno was plumb and there was no doubt about it!! Iw asn't there and haven't seen highlights yet but I will see!! who was everyones MOM?

M

Matthew The Rover

Verdict: Rovers robbed of well deserved win

Man of the Match: Tough one. Definatly not Delroy Facey, Danny Harrison or Paul Linwood for sure! Jennings had a reasonably good game, as did Greenacre but I thought Sharps and Jackson were outstanding and Rankine played very well too.

Great goal for Greenacre, nice finish, but it really should have been 2-0 at half time atleast, Facey put a free header straight into the keepers arms.

Second half, we should have had a blatent penalty, ball hit and was controlled with arm by their Ian Goodison look a like defender, but nothing was given, play moved on and 30 seconds later, they had scored a dubious goal. How it can have gone in I don't know, as it hit the bar and bounced about five yards infront of the goal! Then the penalty, looked pretty clear cut.

Very bright point was Chris Dagnal when he came off the bench. He looked lively and sharp, and if it hadn't been for some good defending he (and some terrible decisions from the referee and his assistant) he could have had a goal or two.

We were pretty good overall, but our shooting was often woefull, to mention Danny Harrison for one, and we never really looked like equalizing.

The referee did us no favours and was very poor in general. He failed to control the game the way a referee should, just letting players such as Windarse get away with walking away from him when the referee was trying to book him. He was inconsistant, and for long periods of the game failed to give any sort of decisions Tranmere's away, including a clear throw-in and corner which should have been to Rovers, but the other result happened.

Overall, a good performance, to which I have just two complaints. One being Brian's decision not to bring on Striker Calvin Zola when we were losing with minutes left, and the other is about our defence, again. We defended well for long periods of the game, but as is so often the case with Tranmere, around the 60 minute mark we went to sleep and low nad behold, the opposition scored, on this occasion twice.

Still people should not be calling for Brian's head. It was a generally pretty good performance today, apart from Delroy Facey upfront, who for the last 30 minutes seemed intent on not running for any through ball played to him or go for any headers, when he had a good first half. Stick with that team and formation Brian, and you could be onto a winner (just sort out your subs :wink: ) Now off to find something to help my very painful throat after losing my voice today.

smilingmart

Matthew The Rover said:
Now off to find something to help my very painful throat after losing my voice today.

Lost for a good cause :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
two words can simply describe the match

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

i would rather be robbed in the cup rather than the league!

we played really well and deserved more,but unfortunatly things didn't go our way!

Achterberg-could do nothing about thier goals and didn't have much more to do!
back 4-i thought robbo did really well against muirhead and the rest were solid to,apart from that mad 60 seconds of course!
middle 5-did well in both half's but they could of been better.we are starting to look solid with this set up and we need to stick by it.i like the look of facey and davies as wide men,they are capable of supplying some dangerous balls for greeny!on danny harrison tho',please tell me what he does? he did bugger all yestaday.i know he's just been injured but he should be tryin' to stake a claim!!!
on chris greenacre-i thought he took his goal really well and never let the bradford back line settle!
the subs-did alright but it was alway's difficult tryin' to chase that elusive equalizer!
so all in all my verdict on our defeat was damn unlucky,but never mind the cup is alway's a distraction!ha ha :lol:

man of match; chris greenacre.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
it was funny at the end. with the ref. everyone was charging at him and shouting abuse. good laugh.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

we get our league form back on track now. What about the LDV thats a good day out

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Gutted and isnt it always us who gets robbed!!! Completely agree with Matthew over Zola... he should have been brought on for Facey. He is just awarkward and would have maybe helped us in getting an equaliser.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Erm, why are we continuing to play Facey? We need some some goals out of him. :?

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian said:
Erm, why are we continuing to play Facey? We need some some goals out of him. :?

If he starts against MK Dongs, a chant about Calvin Zola playing should be started,

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, having spoken to a few that were there on Sunday, it seems it wasn't really a case of being cheated, more just a case of unfortunate events.

Rovers looked solid in the first half and played Bradford off the park. In fact, some say the best 45 minutes of football we've played all season.

Bradford came out all guns blazing in the second half and we lay back fighting off the pressure. Complete Jackal and Hyde performance.

Of course, its a shame we couldnt have finished them off in the first half while we had the chance, but then Tranmere very rarely do that!

Also, looking back on the incidents, they weren't as bad as first thought. For a start Greenacre's goal looked miles offside, the penalty decision was, looking back, a penalty in all fairness and the ball that apparantly crossed the line, well, we'll all have our own thoughts on that! Some will say yes, some will say no..

Let's take the positives from the game (i.e. the first half) and build on that. Of course, we still have a problem with scoring goals IMO, we dont score near enough to punish teams..

Anyone agree/disagree?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think that now greenacre has got a goal under his belt hell carry on being his normal self. regarding delroy I dont rate him at the mo anyway id rather play daggers even zola.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
i was there and i can safely say we played class. But bradford obviously had a good half time team talk but we stil lseemd solid and coped with goalscoring situations. unfortuantely we bradford didnt score 2 even though the score suggests so.