• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bournemouth 1-2 Rovers

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Phew!! 2-1 to Rovers. Thought they had lost two points when Bournemouth equalised in the 90th, then Rovers got another!!! Whooooooooooooo!!

Goals from Goodison & McGurk

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Cherries pipped

What a result. What a game. Can't believe I missed it.

It sounded like the victory was fully deserved, and it was great to see McGurk finally fulfil his promise.

Hopefully this will be a turning point. Think we will stay up from this position.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Tranmere, lol

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
For once one of Les's substitutions changed the result, although I'm surprised he replaced Cresswell with McGurk while we were still 1-0 up! I'm made up for McGurk and hope it's the first of many.

An away win against a top six side. This must be both the best and most unexpected win of the season. For the first time in a long time, I'm eager to see the report.

Player
Liam Palmer
Started cursing when I saw the injury time equaliser going in then would you Adam-and Eve-it? Up pops McGurk to win it for Rovers. Get in!

All the better since Dale was injured (ankle in training) and Robbo was only fit for the bench. It'll be a nice journey home.

Well done lads, well done Les!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
what a fantastic result, i was cursing when they equalised but made up when we got the winner lets hope we can kick on now and pull well clear of the bottom 4

DIW

Player
Goodison
what a fantastic result, i was cursing when they equalised but made up when we got the winner lets hope we can kick on now and pull well clear of the bottom 4

I think we're more likely to scrape a couple more wins and just about make it.

Credit to the lads though today - the last minute equalizer must have been an absolute gutter but who cares now?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic result. Absolutely delighted. Just when you thought we'd chucked away 2 points, up pops McGurk with a sweet shot. Really hope this is a turning point. One of the most crucial and best results this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I groaned upon seeing the line-up; the only changes from the Wednesday hammering were the returning Goodi or enforced ones, though Zoum and Cresswell did swap positions. However, it sounds as though we did fairly well; Akins in particular, while Joss avoided another booking. After conceding what sounded like a decent goal in the 90th, for Adam McGurk to open his account for Rovers and clinch the points late in extra time was brilliant. Surely he deserves a start now?

195 away fans perhaps a little disappointing given the Trust coach?

We are still a couple of wins from safety and great though this result was, it will mean nothing if we go onto lose the two home games against Dagenham and Notts County.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
ive seen the goals and they are all good especially mcgurks late winner off the underside of the bar, theres was an overhead kick

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
It was the first game that i've been able to go to this season and it was a cracker, Both me and my 9 year old son enjoyed the game, also we enjoyed a laugh with some of the travelling tranmere fans, even though there wasn't many tranmere fans all i could here was tranmere songs which was great, the bournemouth crowd were very quiet today and only made a fuss once they had scored, The game was fairy even for the most until the last 20 mins when bournemouth piled on the pressure, then they score a great goal and that seemed to lift the tranmere players and then they got one back which i think was against the run of play. all in all it was a great game and i can't wait till the next game down south that i can attend.

cheers lads..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
TRFCJason, would be interested to hear who you thought played well/badly today and whether Rovers deserved the win? How did the side measure up to what you'd heard about them on here and elsewhere?

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
As far as stand out players today I couldn't pick one but on the same hand I couldn't complain about any either, the team didn't look like a side that is struggling down the bottom of the table. If they play like they did today i don't see why we wouldn't stay up and if they can keep the core of the team i'm sure they could push for promotion next season.(maybe)

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
A report on an unofficial Bournemouth website puts this result down to the cherries bad team selection and tactics, and the strength of Goodison at the back for us.

I think that's selling our lads a bit short really, it's a bloody long way to go to face a team that had already beaten us twice this season, and with Les under some pressure to get a result this was a test of character for Tranmere. Glad we came through with the three points!

Player
Goodison
A brilliant result which should silence if few of the Goodison doubters! I really wish Tranmere could decide if there a good team or not and play consistently well. It's so frustrating!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As far as stand out players today I couldn't pick one but on the same hand I couldn't complain about any either, the team didn't look like a side that is struggling down the bottom of the table. If they play like they did today i don't see why we wouldn't stay up and if they can keep the core of the team i'm sure they could push for promotion next season.(maybe)
You are lucky this was the only match you've seen this season. A great result, but let's not get carried away! We are still not clear of relegation. The only way we can be promotion candidates next season is if we are in League Two!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Great win - i'm sure that will go a long way to keeping us up. Plus without our skipper too who has arguably been player of the season.

A mate of mine went and said before the game, he was gutted Akins was playing....but after the game, that Akins was man of the match ! About time he did something !

I'm made up for McGurk - he has never had a fair run in the team due to Les' tactics plus his injuries but has done well of late coming off the bench so deserves some credit.

I am sure in 10 days time after the Daggers/Notts games, safety will be pretty much guaranteed.

P.s Les is a studio guest tonight on Late Kick Off (North West)

Player
Liam Palmer
Please settle pub argument: when was the last time we won away at a top 6 team in a league game?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Possibly Leeds in February 2008 ? I was thinking it may have been Oldham the following season, but I am not sure they were in the top six at the time.