• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bees v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Griffin Park hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years, but after Tuesday's results, Rovers could do with picking up at least a point from this one. Edds likely to be out after concussion and Logan's ban ends. Marvin's loan runs out of this game, but there was mention that Bas has ankle problems, so it may get extended.

I'd hope that Les shuffles the pack as a lot of the players seemed jaded v Huddersfield. While my preference would be a 442 looking something like this, doubt it will happen.

Daniels
Bakayogo Goodison McCready O'Neill
Cresswell McLaren Welsh Logan
Moore Sordell

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
5 full backs and 2 defensive midfielders eh :lol: Not fancying going for 3 points then Boz?

Although I wasn't there on Tues, I'd expect Edds to be the only change...but who will come in? A start for Barnett, finally?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My reasoning was along the lines that Zoum and O'Neill are quite decent crossers of the ball, but mainly put in high crosses and we haven't got the target man to go for them. Cressa and perhaps Logan would be more adept at putting in the low, fast crosses our current forward line are better equiped to deal with.

Broomes has been our worst player in the last couple of games and was responsible for the Udders second killer goal. As we've got McCready on loan for the rest of the season, why not give him a chance.? I'd rest Craig Curran, who was looking knackered. Curran normally never gives up, there were a couple of times last night, when he didn't chase after balls, he'd usually reach, no problem. When Craig throws in the towel, it's time to reach for the cyanide capsules.

Charlie Barnett was given a full half to make an impression last night. He did a good track-back and had a decent shot in the 94th minute, but aside from the gloves, those were the only contributions of note. If we're going 3 in midfield, think I'd prefer Mahon.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
When Craig throws in the towel, it's time to reach for the cyanide capsules.
Haha, indeed.

Well, Edds is definately ruled out of this one so it's between Mahon and Barnett. I'd go for Mahon as I think he's a better player, even though he's had a horrid few months. But.. can possibly make things happen.

433, I'm putting my mortgage on that!

http://whitereview.co.uk/matchday/opponent.php?opp=4 for the head to head over the last few years.

We'd do well to draw this one. Their home record ain't too bad and our away record as we know is usually atrocious. I'd like to see them going for a win but I can't see it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
think our best hope is a draw im going for 1 1 they have drawn a lot of games at home this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Boz I think your proposed team looks a decent one. Logan and Cresswell are both good going forward and whilst at home, I'd play more attack minded players on the wings (Shukes, Barnett), away from home it might work well. I've always preferred McCready to Broomes so agree on that score, presumably McCreadys loans is up soon, as is Sordells.

But, like many, am sure he will keep the 4-3-3 probably just bringing in Barnett for Edds.

Normally I'd take a point away from home any day of the week - but with home games against Saints/Leeds on the horizon, can't help thinking we need to win this one.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We'll go there looking to be solid and try and claim a clean sheet first and foremost. If we do that, then we're guaranteed at least a point, and who knows, maybe counter attack and get ourselves a goal.

It'll be 4-3-3, and if Tuesday night is anything to go by, then Les will select Charlie to replace Gareth Edds. Alan Mahon is a technically gifted player but can we question his work-rate? I think so, I don't think in the position we're in, we can afford to carry midfield players like him at the moment, as much as I like him as a player.

Not sure what is happening with Bas. Read in a London paper last night that Kingstonians were after a loan deal for him as they're managed by a fella who played with or coached Bas at Millwall or something. If he's not quite fit, then that would explain his absence, cos I think he offers something different and would be a good player to have on the bench.

Fingers crossed we can get something out of the game. Keep it tight boys!

Claire

Pitch Inspection

According to website, pitch inspection taking place at 8.30am tomorrow due to heavy rainfall this past week. Anyone going suggest you check it out first#-o

Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.