• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bees 0-2 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Better result than I and I'm sure many of us expected. The train keeps a rollin'..

Another superb team performance getting us the points. It sounded like Brentford really weren't in the game at all and the stats are amazing.

Rovers had 15 shots in total with 10 being on target. :shock: Brentford had 7 in total with 2 on target. Incredible.

Not seen Rovers start this brightly for years. Good team spirit, the lads look hungry, shots are flying in, they really seem up for it. Robinson is really starting to hit form now and was a right pain in the backside today.

I was quite surprised to see Turyaki replacing Showumni and Joss still warming the bench but the first XI really put in a performance and is was great to be able to bring on the big man and Joss later on in the game.

Keep it up Rovers!! \\:D/=D>

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yes another excellant result and a clean sheet as well.

We now have healthy competion for places in most areas of the pitch and this and a settled squad is really paying off at the moment, long may it continue.

Next saturdays game will be interesting for me as its a game we should win but came unstuck last season, fingers crossed we can keep it going.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just got back from the game and I have to say it was another fantastic performance today, the best of the season so far. Brentford have been in great form themselves, but our hunger and the quality of our football never allowed them to get a foothold in the game.

The midfield was the key, as we absolutely dominated in this area with Welsh having an imperious game, Weir good in possession and Robinson absolutely awesome. Andy put in the best individual performance I have seen for some time and tormented their back four all afternoon: the second goal was an absolute peach, struck on the half volley from thirty yards.

It is the desire the side are showing at the moment which is most impressive, as even at two nil up we were still pressing forward and peppering their goal with shots. I can't remember the last time we had so many efforts on target away from home, and it is great that we can bring the likes of Labadie and Enoch off the bench in games to maintain the intensity of the performance.

Although we were generally in control, a key moment came towards the end of the first half when for the second game running McChrystal inexplicably underhit a back pass and let Donaldson through one on one with Fon Williams. Fortunately Owen pulled off a fantastic one-handed save (all he really had to do all afternoon in truth), which was crucial as had we gifted them an undeserved equaliser at that moment the outcome may have been different. I was also really impressed by Buchanan again, and also thought Raven had a very solid game defensively.

I still can't quite believe how well we are playing at the moment, but long may it continue (perhaps this is what supporting United or Chelsea feels like !?).

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Cant believe this form since previous years, and our strikers havent hit any form yet either (How many times have we been begging for the midfield to score each season!)

Are we arsed about the JPT this year? Personally, Id rather we concentrated on the league, maybe using the fa cup for our cup run, as the jpt is worth nothing, imo

M

Mal

I think any opportunity to play at wembley (like in 1990/1991) is a good thing. Brings out all those fair-weather supporters that we never see normally ;0)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gob-smacked at how comfortable this win sounds, a very good result and performance indeed. I thought Rovers had a fairly tough set of fixtures to start the season and we are doing better than expected. As Bigmart says, it will be interesting to see how we do against Yeovil next weekend, a match that on paper most would expect us to win.

On the JPT, I tend to agree with Mal and there are restrictions on fielding a weakened side, bt we have enough strength in depth to rest one or two.