• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Atmosphere at Prenton Park!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just a little rant about the poor atmosphere at several games at PP this season.

I've not been very impressed with the atmosphere at the majority of home games so far. Last week Ronnie branded the noise our fans made at Brentford and Scunny fantastic. And in general I find our away support is great and make loads of noise. This does help the team I assure you. But at a lot of home games PP is like a library. Away fans outsinging us, which gives them a bit of impetutus, especially when they're attacking the sheds end. Posh cup game was a prime example.

So I am asking everyone who will be attending the Crewe game to get right behind the team. If the drummer (i know hes annoying but...) is reading this, bang that drum and get everyone involved and get some chants going. Raise the roof at PP and help the team and who knows where the season will end...

Come on Rovers fans, Rovers need you!

This was a party political broadcast from the Coops Party :wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Kop has looked scarily empty recently. I wonder if it's because people are staying away or just moved to another part of the ground.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's very disappointing that you don't get the whole ground singing the same songs together and making as much noise as we once did. I don't think anything can be done when you have 6-7,000 so we need gates of 9,000+ to make a noise.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
It's always been **** as far as far back as I can remember...although that's slightly hypocritical coming from me, as I have become partial to a nice high view in the main stand where there is little singing whatsoever...

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I think it's true our fans could be more vocal. Now as you all know I pay very little attention to the clubs the other side of the river, but I was very impressed by the full-time whistle reaction from nEverton fans the other day when they lost to Chelsea. When we lose at home you get one or two idiots who boo, and while I guess they get one or two idiots, the overwhelming noise coming from the stands after the whistle was non-stop singing, loud and proud. Yes okay it was an odd game with a result that perhaps they didn't deserve to be on the wrong end of, but that's not the point. Their fans sung in support of the players even after they lost. We used to do that, or at least we did when the going was good for the most part.

A

AndyRoo16

The atmosphere is never amazing at PP anymore, before you ask fans to chant, you have to ask yourself are you singing? If you sing chances are somebody around you will join in, need to lighten up and sing your heart out lol. I know I do, it might annoy some people, but its better than no chanting!

...and yes we do need better gates!=D>

M

Matthew The Rover

Our fans would be mor vocal if there weren't idiots like there were in the Lower Kop on Saturday who were telling us to shut up when we were chanting and got our drum confiscated. In my mind that just makes me chant louder and more but not all people are the same and without the drum we will always be quieter.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
thats a pathetic thing to do. the kop is the loudest part of the forund and if we are to have any chance of a decent atmosphere we need the kop and in particular the drum starting the chants.

S

Seanyb

Give us something to cheer about! The club's form has been poor in the last few matches. Even for our most die hard singers in the kop, it became a bit difficult to get really behind our team when they have been playing poor. We start really well in the first 10 minutes against northhampton and the crowd couldnt help but sing. But soon as we started playing sloppy and half hearted, of course the majority of the ground will go quiet, especially after going 1-0 down when they were playing poor.

Player
Morrisey
To be perfectly honest the drum gets right on my tits, especially at away games. I am not suprised someone got pissed off with it.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Having a drum is great. Having a kid who CANNOT play any sort of a steady rythmn on it is extremely annoying. I'm no musician but I can clap or tap a tune without having a conniption fit. Probably doesn't help that he'll only bash away something approximating what the scumbags sat around him are singing, interrupting the Tranmere,Tranmere,Tranmere or SuperWhiteArmy that the other people in the stand are just getting going. In summary he can't play the thing and he doesn't beat out the right song when most of the kop have started singing.

Knowing the internet and Tranmere message boards, he'll be on here like a shot now I've written that, and I can predict exactly what he'll write as well, so I can save him the time:

" u faag can u ply drum?!?!!!11 me bing it 3vrywk an u not a prop3r tranmer fan cos u h8r. i are a forf year msuik students an u no nuffin. "

:lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Knowing the internet and Tranmere message boards, he'll be on here like a shot now I've written that, and I can predict exactly what he'll write as well, so I can save him the time:

" u faag can u ply drum?!?!!!11 me bing it 3vrywk an u not a prop3r tranmer fan cos u h8r. i are a forf year msuik students an u no nuffin. "

:lol:

Hahahahaha. I laughed my tits off when I read this NDBH. It's exactly the response you'll get.

Player
Morrisey
:-D I agree NBDH. A drum is priceless, but a PP it actually spoils my game the way it is played.

I went to Anfield yesterday and I was incredibley impressed with the faithful there. I know they have a reputation for being loyal and always behind the team, but at 5-1 down to get the whole ground singing is incredible. I think that fans need a little more confidence to sing. There are occasions where someone will try and start something and no one will join in. I think we should just go with it.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Maybe we should get a full band in. Drum kit complete with snare, toms and cymbals, bass, guitars, a horns section...

A

AndyRoo16

I too was at anfield yesterday, and there was singing till the end.
I think NBDH hit the nail on the head you need somebody who can get a rythem going with it. I hate it when its just bang bang bang, what are we expected to sing? The singing is great at away games, it should be the same at home, the fans are there.

N

Nathan_Trfc

in my opinion its the drum that gets most people goin.but at oldham yesterday the drummer was rather quiet in the first half but the atmosphere was still spot on=D>