• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Aldo wins X Factor!

Player
Johnny Morrissey

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
SCooperSomersaults said:
but apparently thats what they like in Ireland!
Careful mate. That's bordering on offensive. The reason he won was because he was the best known celebrity in the line up. He's obviously been a legend in Ireland for quite some time and he chose a very good charity.

The voting money all went to the celebrity's chosen charity and John had chosen our national childrens hospital which I think you'll agree is a very good cause.

Both John and the judges agreed from the first night that John didn't have a note in his head, but would probably win because the country just loves the guy.

John won the contest with his hilarious performance of 'Lily The Pink' which is now going to be released in Ireland with all proceeds going to his chosen charity. John got paid 'NO' appearance fee for his 2 weeks in the competition so fair play to him I say.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I was only joking Nomur, I love the Irish people. He's top man, but his sing I hear was bordering on diabolical! Did ya watch with the sound down nomur?!:lol:

Fair play to Aldo, and well done, god only knows who the rest were in the competition!

And apologies if I upset any of the Emerald isle readers to the forums.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I had a feeling you were joing mate, no offence taken.

I'm actually waiting to see if anyone put any clips up on Youtube or Google Video and if they do I'll post them here so you can all listen to how awful he was.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Please don't! Ha ha! I can imagine how bad it was - I don't particularly want first hand evidence of it! he he:lol: Were any of the others any good? Aldo had the sympathy/being well-known vote i take it as you hadn't heard of the others?

Ally

Player
Aldo
Just back from a loooonnnngg time out of the country and back to work with a bang (boo), but this made my day. Well done Aldo, all that shouting on the touchline must have improved his vocal range. :-D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ha, I would have loved to have seen this. Fair play to the man though, all for a good cause. Top man Aldo!

B

Banana Army

Is there ever an article on Aldo thst doesnt have a pic of him flicking the v's in a fit of rage at the fourth official? :lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
The best thing about that picture is what you don't see!!! And that's Jack Charlton being held back by 2 officials as he tries to punch the linesman!!!!!

Ah USA 1994! Climb On!