• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

aldershot

Player
Jimmy Harvey
travelling home now. Firstly the game, a good solid performance, curran and gornell both worked themselves into the ground, moores goal was brilliant, logan and bakayogo looked very good. Controlled much of the first half and took the chance well. Game was over just after half time. They could have scored half way through the second half but blew it. Their goal was a scramble. Great win and we looked well organised. On a sour note on the final whistle we got pelted with plastic bottles as we got outside this became glass bottles and bricks one of which took some lad out. One of the coaches supposedly got damaged. One of the funniest things i saw was a group of tranmere fans about eight of them scattering a large group of aldershot lads. Thing that made me laugh tho was that they were not just kids. Oh well alls well that ends well. Wont be back for ages yet.

Delighted with the win

A real boost for the team and supporters all round, should be a great atmosphere against Wolves.

Havent posted for a little while but so pleased to see Ash Taylor starting, he is the reason for team improvement beyond a shadow of doubt, just hope we can keep him for a season or two before cashing in. And we will cash in, he's that good already and with better players around him his potential is mountainous.

Les and co doing fine too, even Johnson must be happy at the dosh he's saving. As I have said all along, play the kids - the more the better, keeping Les in the job and eventually handing over to Garnett also makes sense.

Problems arise if the greedy robber baron who owns us wants to shortsightedly bleed us dry and cash in on Ash too soon, He is such a foolish greedy prick that he just might.
Well done The Rovers.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I don't think Ash'll ever make it beyond this level as a midfielder, maybe as a center-half if he turns out to be good. Happy to have him in the team currently.

Didn't go the game but it sounded like Curran and Gornell did well (from commentary). Thanks for the review Bun.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good report BBE, sounds like the game was more comfortable for Rovers than expected. Too early to say how far Ash Taylor will go, but he has the potential to make at least the next level. We need to keep ITM in January. Also Bakayogo's deal runs out then, so need to get him signed up for the rest of the season, especially as the current management team don't rate Cresswell for some reason. Bring on the Wolves...

DIW

Player
Goodison
You know what - things seem to be looking up a bit. Decent run of results finally, and there is definitely some confidence returning. Gorenll and Curran have started to score, thought Gornell had his best game Ive seen againts Brentford, holding the ball up well. We've still got masses of fighting to do, and there will be more setbacks - BUT the sigsn are there.

Wolves are beatable by the way.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Couldn't agree more DIW. Great result last night, and it doesn't matter who you are playing. The point is the players and staff are working together and it's paying off. Each win is just another step on the ladder.

If you look at the results over November and December, you've got four wins, 3 draws and 2 losses. Compared to early results were we had 8 losses in 2 months, it's a huge step in the right direction.

And my prediction was going all so well until they scored at the death! Bah..

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I don't think Ash'll ever make it beyond this level as a midfielder, maybe as a center-half if he turns out to be good. Happy to have him in the team currently.

Gotta disagree with that. Ash Taylor can play centre back, but he's so much better in the middle. That appears to be his best position and I agree completely that Ash's potential is huge.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At the moment, the club and its supporters must be the happiest we've been all season. But how long will it last? We are making progress, but if the owner doers not make some decisions urgently, we could easily slide back to a point of no return.

Obviously, the big decision is the manager. By now, we should have got a permanent appointment. If no-one suitable/affordable is around, Les needs to be given the job until the end of the season. This would allow him to plan and organise moves in and out in the transfer window, which will soon be here. (I think it's almost too late to bring a new man in at this stage. He would have no time to assess the playing staff, identify new players and arrange the transfers.)

If Les is appointed, decisions are needed on the shape of the backroom team - including the Chief and some help with the physio. Les has done a fantastic job. He needs to know where he stands, as do players on short-term deals like Bakayogo and Carole. We will lose them unless they see some stability at the club and are offered longer deals.

trfcjey

Player
Ian Goodison
I'm a bit in between with the Ash Taylor argument in as much as, he has had some great performances and I'm sure he has potential. However I've seen him make mistakes and have poor spells. Obviously this is because he is learning and he's only young. Maybe with a more established higher level club he could fulfill his true potential, especially playing with higher level players. I just hope if we do get an offer for him it's not a League 2 club with a bit of money to spend, that won't help his career at all. At the moment though I'm happiest with him playing midfield.

Another great win for the lads! Would have maybe traded it for 3 more league points, but the Wolves tie will bring a bit more money in, and could be an interesting game if we maintain this form.

3 points at Southampton and we're in dream land!.. almost

Player
Liam Palmer
Fans should lay off Ash Taylor, ffs. He's in his first season as a first-team player and is being asked to play a pivotal role in a team which has been struggling. He's doing the job a whole lot better than the alternative, a player who has been in the game at this level and higher for 15 years.

Can't believe anyone would give Ash stick, but football fans are unbelievable at times.

Player
Goodison
Ash Taylor is only 18, he'll learn. Give him and Gornell 5 year contracts and have done with it!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we dont have the money to give anyone 5 year contracts the usual is 1 or 2 year deals though an exception and in my opinion wrongly was made to give alan mahon a 3 year deal.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Fans should lay off Ash Taylor, ffs. He's in his first season as a first-team player and is being asked to play a pivotal role in a team which has been struggling. He's doing the job a whole lot better than the alternative, a player who has been in the game at this level and higher for 15 years.

Can't believe anyone would give Ash stick, but football fans are unbelievable at times.

Who's giving him stick? Apparently he's the next Steven Gerrard :roll:

Player
Clint Hill
Ash Taylor is a shining light in a dark season ,I know someone who plays for a welsh team and ash taylor was there last season on loan and he played midfield.

Player
Liam Palmer
Who's giving him stick? Apparently he's the next Steven Gerrard :roll:

Plenty. Even on this saintly forum. Can't pass, blah blah, Not the next Gerrard, but potentially a good player, maybe at a higher level than Rovers are at present.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Plenty. Even on this saintly forum. Can't pass, blah blah.

He can't though - it's not as if anyone disagrees. It's not giving him stick, it's just an observation. It's not such a huge issue atm cause Les has us hoofing the ball from back to front and the midfield don't see much of the ball anyway. But it's something he really needs to work on if he fancies himself as a central-midfielder. I think he deserves his place in the team at present.

I'd argue the likes of Cresswell are more likely to make a name for themselves elsewhere, given natural technical ability.