• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Timothy Cathalina

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
See from the official site that we've signed Timothy, a 25 year-old right-back on a one year deal from FC Emmen, in the Dutch equivalent of the championship. Not been able to find much out about him, guess we won't be seeing anything of Shay Logan next season.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
sounds like a cult figure in the making

is a grimsby reject, however

Player
Goodison
is a grimsby reject, however

You ooze positivity ORLY:roll: I wouldn't worry too much about him being a Mariners reject as Grimsby obviously arn't very good at spotting talent - look where they finished...

We needed a right back and hopefully we've got a good player. As long as we don't sign Antwi i'm happy!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
lol, what? You've seen as much of him as I have. I was merely noting that Grimsby turned him down which is basically the only relevent info we have on him.

Player
Goodison
Just kind of a negative spin on him by saying he's a Grimbsy reject that's all, owell we'll soon so whether he is up to scratch or not.

According to wikipedia he had a trial at Liverpool not Grimsby :-k - I hope Tim's agent hasn't been editing wikipedia!

He's also our first permenant right back since Robbie Stockdale!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
literally just providing what info I could find. lol @ lpool trial.

ffs hopefully he's better than stockdale :)

Player
Goodison
I'm just going to think to myself, "he can't be worse than Antwi". He looks like a physical presence which could bode well.

M

Mal

Good grief. I'm going to trust Les's judgment and review after 10 games. Armchair-expert analysis is not for me. I'd rather do than criticise from a position of non-involvement.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
See from the official site that we've signed Timothy, a 25 year-old right-back on a one year deal from FC Emmen, in the Dutch equivalent of the championship. Not been able to find much out about him, guess we won't be seeing anything of Shay Logan next season.
I never thought we'd see Shay here next season. It's very unusual for a club to loan out a player to the same club for two seasons. I can't remember it ever happening. For that reason, we won't see Luke Daniels again. However, there must be a few useful youngsters out there needing first-team experience. The trick is to tell the Logans/Daniels from the Antwis/Gordons.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Neither did I to be honest. Man City certainly have some talented youngsters, who may be loaned, likewise our neighbours from across the water. I think it's inevitable we'll get a few loans in, but the noises from Les suggest rather fewer than last season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Neither did I to be honest. Man City certainly have some talented youngsters, who may be loaned, likewise our neighbours from across the water. I think it's inevitable we'll get a few loans in, but the noises from Les suggest rather fewer than last season.
Last season was exceptional. (I hope!!) Although the budget will still be small, the need for loans should be less. Les had no option but to bring in loanees to strengthen the squad, as he took over outside the transfer window - and the Les Aid money could only be spent on loanees. This time around, I hope the scouts have done their homework on who's wanted, who's available and who's affordable.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think loan signings are a great short term fix, especially for teams such as ourselves who struggle to get enough quality into a first XI. However the big drawback with them is that half your team leaves if you are reliant on them and you are back to square one looking to replace for the next season. Hope we get a decent GK in, I'd like to see Gulasci again but can't see it happening.

Player
Goodison
Building a team around loan signings gets you nowhere. As good as Gulasci is, I would rather we signed a goalkeeper to keep for the longer term.

If we have anywhere near as many loan players next season as we did this season, we will be in trouble again.

The Pitch

Off topic I know, but doesn't really warrant a new thread. Do you reckon it's a slow news day on the official website headlines..... the new pitch gets its first mow!!!!:roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, we get that one every year! Slowly building the tension up (well, that's what i want to believe anyway).

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Building a team around loan signings gets you nowhere. As good as Gulasci is, I would rather we signed a goalkeeper to keep for the longer term.

If we have anywhere near as many loan players next season as we did this season, we will be in trouble again.

Would be nice if we had a choice but we don't