• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Colchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very crucial game coming up, can we stop the rot? Colchester seem to have faded after a decent start, but a good run could still see them scrape into the play-offs, so it's not a case of an easy three points.

I hope that Les picks a team to entertain. I hope he recognises that well though we might have done at the Withdean before a dodgy penalty, that this is a different situation entirely and so we shouldn't automatically start with an identical line-up. I'd hope for a 442, Enoch and McGurk up front, Robbo played wide-right and Joss ahead of Robbie Weir in the middle to show more attacking intent. With Dale on the bench. Hope and reality can be very different though.

Prediction. Just can't see us winning. 1-1 before 4.5k

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I've no idea what team Les will play - will Dale be involved ? 4-3-3 or
4-4-2 ? Will McGurk start ? All sorts of questions to be answered.

I would go 4-4-2 with Enoch/McGurk up top and Robbo and Dale on the wings. But I think he'll go 4-3-3 with Enoch/Robbo/Dale as the front 3.

Should be interesting this one - we have struggled against those around us recently at home, but played well against the better sides. Colchester are floating about mid table but on a bad run so we really need to start well (when have we said that before?!). They are no great shapes but we have to watch scouser Gillespie who is in good form.

I just hope the crowd doesnt get too downhearted if we dont start that well. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't see Les starting with McGurk and Enoch upfront. I'd love to see two up front, but it won't happen. If Dale is fit, he should start. We really have to win this game.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
I am desperate for a win but I cant realistically envisage anything more than another one man attack and 85 minutes of volleyball.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Dale Jennings HAS TO start if we want to win the game. Simple as that. His spark could really boost us and he should be buzzing after 2 goals in the ressies in midweek. I'd put him in cos we're desperate!

Player
Goodison
I wont be at this one but it's clear we must win this game.

Team I would play:

Warner

Kay McCrystal Goodison Bakayogo

Robinson Labadie Welsh Jennings

Showunmi McGurk

I would play Bakayogo ahead of Creswell because I think he offers more going foward. Whilst McGurk needs to start a game.

DIW

Player
Goodison
If we get beat we're going down IMO. Simple as that. To get non a such a crap run at this stage of the season is a very very bad sign.

3 points is a must. Will we get it? Personally I'm not at all confident. Really hope Dale is back though.

M

Mal

I'm not so negative - I've looked at the run-in for the bottom 5 and they will struggle for points....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's about 25 years since we beat the Us at home. Given we lost to Orient and Hartlepool, whose record at PP was poor, maybe this is a good omen?

I wouldn't start with Dale because of doubts about his fitness, but would certainly have him on the bench to come on around the hour mark. So adapting RTIDs line-up by having Cresswell at left-back and Zoum at wide-left.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
I wouldnt play Cresswell/Zoum along the same side under any circumstances.

Cresswell almost refuses to make sensible down the line passes for 95% of the game which would make Zoum completely ineffectivhe.

We will know within 5 minutes whether it will be a win based upon how far Ewok is up the pitch.

Ideal team:-

Warner
Blancard, McCyrystal, Goodison, Bagayogo
Robinson, Welsh, Ladabie, Jennings
Showunmi, McGurk

Blanchard should start, the commitment and passion he shows for every game is commendable, not to mention he's done nothing wrong IMO

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Les now has a few options to choose from, let's just hope it's positive and attacking from the start.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Colchester are not going to make the play-offs, and it sounds from John Ward's comments that he may experiment with his side with one eye on next season. On that basis, and because we need the points, we must be positive from the start and go 4-4-2. With Jennings not 100% and Lateef still unavailable, it is possible that Enoch and McGurk will start up front.

And please, can we keep the ball on the floor today. A repeat of the Yeovil / Bristol Rovers performances is unthinkable really.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think we might see 4-4-2...

Status
Not open for further replies.