• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Owls v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sheffield Wednesday got the monkey of no home wins under Megson off their back by beating Colchester. Let's hope that doesn't mean that they'll relax and murder us on Tuesday.

I don't know if Robinson's fit, the pre-match noises and George Cain's programme notes yesterday made it a surprise he didn't feature. If he is fit we need him back. I'm not sure that Dale, even if he's recovered from Saturday's knock should start, he looks nowhere near the same player since coming back from injury and may make more impact in a shorter spell from the bench.

This is a game we must win, psychologically rather than mathematically. I don't think we will though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very tough game, but I'm going to say a battling 0-0.

Player
Liam Palmer
Don't know what to expect. Two teams in poor form. We were rubbish at Oldham and got a point, better against Huddersfield and got nothing, so who knows?

Don't think it's must win. But it would be nice. Could do with Robbo back asap.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Other than its likely we wont score many (if indeed we do score), it wouldnt surprise me whether we lose, draw, or sneak a win.

Very difficult to predict at the moment as even though we are on a poor run, performances of late Oldham apart havent been too bad.

Big test for Ash etc against Neil Mellor and Gary Madine.

I think we'll play ok but lose 0-2 - here's hoping I am wrong

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I see Kay has a swollen ankle and a doubt for this game. On the o/s, Les says not to worry as Weir can play there and Tim Cat in training again . No mention of Max Blanchard??

Player
Dave Challinor
Robbo

Just a quick note:

I was reliably informed that Andy was in Liverpool @ 17:45 (Not injured, on the beer) :-k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we need to take at least a point from this one. It is likely we will lose on Saturday, and that could leave us in the bottom four or level with fourth bottom if we don't pick anything up tomorrow. We don't want to be under even greater pressure going into the Dagenham and Notts County games.

From the pre-match comments I would guess that only Robinson will miss out. Dale is not fully fit, but I am certain he will start as in Robinson's absence we will struggle for creativity otherwise.

According to Megson, Wednesday went 'back to basics' on Saturday, playing a more combative, direct game to get the three points. I am not sure whether that is to our benefit or not.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cornerflag, Robbo was clearly injured in the Oldham game last monday

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Robinson would be far less likely to get injured if he paid some attention to his fitness rather than boozing, smoking and snorting.

In relation to the game tonight I cant see anything good come out of it for us to be honest.

This game tonight and the one against Bournemouth are in my opinion the ones that are going to see us coming up against Dagenham in the drop zone.

M

Mal

May I point out that tonight, Dagenham is likely to lose against Peterborough, Notts County could draw or lose against Rochdale, Bristol Rovers could lose against Bournemouth , Plymouth will probably lose against Leyton Orient, although they have a touch of Tranmere-itis as far as fear of playoffs is concerned, at the moment. So even if Tranmere loses tonight, things won't be too bad - and we also play Dag, Notts and Swindon, so still in hands of Tranmere.

Oh, and coming up - Dag v Notts, Brighton v Dag , Plym v Walsall, Walsall v Brighton, etc. etc. so other teams below Tranmere will lose a few points over the last 7 games

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd be delighted with a 1-1 draw. That's a point for us, two dropped by Wednesday and a goal scored! This should be possible although a 1-0 defeat would be the par score.

I agree that Dale is lacking in confidence and a spell on the bench would be best for him. I'd like to see McGurk start. OK, that won't be popular, but we are so desperate for goals we need to be giving other strikers a chance. If he can score a goal or two, his confidence will rise and we'll see if he can play.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
May I point out that tonight, Dagenham is likely to lose against Peterborough, Notts County could draw or lose against Rochdale, Bristol Rovers could lose against Bournemouth , Plymouth will probably lose against Leyton Orient, although they have a touch of Tranmere-itis as far as fear of playoffs is concerned, at the moment. So even if Tranmere loses tonight, things won't be too bad - and we also play Dag, Notts and Swindon, so still in hands of Tranmere.

Oh, and coming up - Dag v Notts, Brighton v Dag , Plym v Walsall, Walsall v Brighton, etc. etc. so other teams below Tranmere will lose a few points over the last 7 games
Let's hope the games go to form. But in this division many don't. So I'll bet there will be one or two shocks and I'm not so confident we will stay out of the bottom four for much longer if can carry on dropping so many points.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear god... we are hopeless. 2-0 after 14 mins.

M

Mal

Good Grief - bottom teams all 2-0 in 15 mins, apart from Bristol Rovers - so we are still 18th...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
3-0 and Andy Doyle blames lady luck.. great.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I just hope we make a fight of it in the second half. And I hope Bournemouth get their fingers out against Bristol Rovers. In any case, I can't see us getting anything there on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Damage has been done. Sheff Wed strolling around in 2nd half.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yet another embarassing night we are curently relying on other results to stop is dropping into the bottom 4 Les should hold his hands up admit hes not upto the job and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.