• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Kirby, O'Halloran and...?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Jake Kirby has signed a new 2.5 year with Rovers. Have to admit I'm puzzled by this. In the limited opportunities he's had, young Jake hasn't greatly impressed. These days, that is a long contract at Rovers, a 1 year extension to see how he shapes up would have been more understandable.

O'Halloran signing on loan for the rest of the season doesn't inspire and suggests there won't be another striker joining from elsewhere.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Jake Kirby has signed a new 2.5 year with Rovers. Have to admit I'm puzzled by this. In the limited opportunities he's had, young Jake hasn't greatly impressed. These days, that is a long contract at Rovers, a 1 year extension to see how he shapes up would have been more understandable.

O'Halloran signing on loan for the rest of the season doesn't inspire and suggests there won't be another striker joining from elsewhere.
Agree with both points. I think O'Halloran was the Plan B to the Jake Cassidy Plan A. On the bright side, I think it will mean a few more chances for Cole.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is sensible to keep O'Halloran as a squad player as his workrate comes in useful late on in games (Brentford away for example) and he won't be costing us much.

I agree about Kirby. Ronnie seems to have a bit of a fetish about him but I have not so far seen him do anything to warrant a contract of that length. Still, he is very young I suppose.

Wolves have only got four strikers, two of whom are not playing well by all accounts, so it is not really a surprise they are holding on to Cassidy.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Listening to Ronnie on Tranmere World is seems that we were close to signing a big experienced striker from the Championship but the player didn't fancy it. Must be happy to get paid for doing bugger all as he's not even on the bench now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Listening to Ronnie on Tranmere World is seems that we were close to signing a big experienced striker from the Championship but the player didn't fancy it. Must be happy to get paid for doing bugger all as he's not even on the bench now.

Sounded like a quality player from Ronnie's description. I wonder who he was ?

Apparently, last week we also narrowly missed out on Marquis who scored Millwall's winning goal against Villa.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It would have been a big boost to have a quality striker in instead of O'Halloran, but it is what it is and he will have his uses over the course of the season. Lots of pressure riding on JLAA to stay fit and score goals now. Ronnie seems to have a lot of faith in him and we have no reason not to based on his record so far, so here's to hoping.

Also when ABB comes back we have the option of playing McGurk as a striker, which many insist is his best position (I'm not sure yet). I don't doubt that he'd score a few there, as he tends to wherever he plays - on occasion I really wonder how, but y'know.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Would be nice to see Wallace at least on the bench sooner rather than later too, he was supposed to be out for a week or 2 and its been a good couple of months...Though on the flipside, Max's performances have been outstanding for his age, and he obviously wouldnt have been given the chance if JW hadnt been injured...