• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

CHESTER FC - CONFERENCE NORTH

drwhoman

I am not sure if anyone has focussed on Chester's amazing season:

1.Chester42182148111632552171107

They won the League by an absolute street. So there will be derbies with Wrexham again next year as the latter bombed out in the play offs again. Paul Linwood, who many Rovers fans will remember, currently plays for Chester.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They had a fantastic season and won the league at a canter. Next season will be interesting as they are staying part time.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
When I was a lad, Rovers v Chester was THE derby match. I always looked forward to it. In those days, it was even stevens most of the time. Although they were once our bitter rivals, I'm pleased they are doing well and at this rate look forward to another derby in a few years' time!

drwhoman

chester

Yes indeed BBTC. Some good games in the 60s with plenty of goals. Just out of curiosity I had a look at Gilbert Upton and Steve Wilson's historical record 1921-97 and against Chester it reads:

P68 Rovers won 27 drawn 25 lost 16 F124 A90

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I used to work with a guy who was a mad Chester supporter, and used to ram it down my throat every day how well they were doing in the Rymans league north or whatever it was. Since lost touch with Chester. Seems like they are storming back in style after some dark days.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
I could see Chester pushing for play offs but the conference is a nighmare to get out of as Luton or Wrexham will testify!