• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brentford 2 Rovers 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
gutted. disastrous result. our game in hand, and we lose it. can we really expect to get much away from home? we are one of the worst away sides in the league.

two away games to come. im losing faith and the praying doesn't seem to be working.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have got to hope that other results go for us in a big way now. Even then, we would have to muster at least 48-50 points which is going to be a tall order.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We were unlucky tonight. At this stage, not much more you can do than play well and try to win games.

Player
Goodison
Draw at the very least is required on saturday. If Exeter, Gillingham and Orient win on Saturday we will be down if we don't get something. Gillingham are away at Norwich though and Orient are at Millwall. I do get the increasing feeling that a win may also be a bare neccasity as Millwall at home could be a mauling.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The game sounded like it summed up part of our season in a way, i.e. no cutting edge.

9 shots on target and 9 corners - but only 1 goal. They had less and scored 2 goals.

I struggle to put it down to bad luck as our 5/6 strikers simply arent good enough to score goals regularly. Nothing to do with luck. Plus the system we play means they dont get many chances - again nothing to do with luck.

Was disappointed to see ITM/Curran remain on the pitch for the entire game with a fresh Gornell on the bench plus Barnett who adds attacking options both unused but no point in it now.

Credit to the lads who went for it but it may be a case of too little too late when you think of the Wycombe game and Swindon/Walsall before it.

Heres hoping - but not expecting....

drwhoman

Brentford Game

Agree that lack of goals has been the big problem - none of the four or five strikers are prolific. Gornell is certainly not the answer while Les seems to have decided that Barnett is surplus to his needs unless there is no alternative.He amongst others will go at the end of the season. Even Mahon might leave due to the lack of opportunities he has been given. Division One or Two reserve team football will have no appeal for a guy of his experience. Shame because he is a good player when fit. It was not Les' decision but maybe the club should have kept Greenacre for a bit longer. He knew where the goal was!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I struggle to put it down to bad luck as our 5/6 strikers simply arent good enough to score goals regularly. Nothing to do with luck. Plus the system we play means they dont get many chances - again nothing to do with luck.
Regarding the luck, I meant more that they were lucky and we were unlucky. Scoring from a deflection always carries an element of luck.

But we certainly don't help ourselves in front of goal. Same story on Sat too. The amount of chances and wasted opportunities was shocking.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
it makes a change that by all accounts we played well but at this stage of the season the only thing that counts are resuts and yet again we lost away.

we got to hope results go our way saturday as i cannot see anythind other than another defeat at colchester