• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Administration?

Player
Goodison
Just been reading on Tranmere BBC message boards about people hearing rumours the club may be going into administration at some point. No idea if there is any truth behind these rumours or not, anyone heard anything?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A49685412

I would be quite surprised as I thought LR had ran quite a tight ship, hence the loss of players such as McLaren.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I can reassure you that this is nonsense. If you understand anything about football finances/administration it's quite clear given PJ's current position that we're probably one of the safest of the 48 clubs in the bottom two tiers. It's in his best personal interests to do everything he can to keep the adminstrators at bay. Even if we needed cash desperately, this season ticket offer doesn't represent the oppertunity to increase ticket sale revenue - it only offers us the oppertunity to get more fans in the stadium. The sign>sell claim also has no weight as in principle as the players themselves wouldn't sign if they knew the club viewed them as a 'definite' saleable asset. And re: Kay...from having spoken to people much more reliable than some random 606 poster, it sounds as though Tony is actually the more likely to stay of our central midfield partnership - just because he's settled with a family in the area, more than anything. Chorley is in a similar position.

Don't worry RTID O:):-D

Player
Goodison
I hope your right \\:D/ At least we've got Goodison now if it all goes wrong!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I wouldn't think the club would be under the threat of administration as LR and PJ have run a tight ship, and the club know where we stand. We bring players through and sell them on, it's just the way it is. I reckon we're possibly one of the most financially stable in the division down to good managemnt of the club.