• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Zola

S

sam miguel

With Zola on the mend who thinks he’s going to struggle to get a place in the staring line up now that Greenacre and Delroy are forming a decent partnership?

Griff

Zola could be a great help in securing some away wins

when fit, he is full of running. Even though he cant hit a barn door with a banjo.

He is great for throwing on for the last 20 minutes of a game, running into the channels and causing problems.

Greenacre and facey can supply the goals whilst Zola can be an extra bit of energy to finish off a game

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
sam miguel said:
With Zola on the mend who thinks he’s going to struggle to get a place in the staring line up now that Greenacre and Delroy are forming a decent partnership?
Yes, I was thinking this only today. Zola is probably cursing himself now as to his injury, which gives Facey the chance to stake his claim, and he's doing a good job so far.

I'm assuming if all 3 players are fit, Little would opt with Greenacre and Facey, so Calvin has some work to do to prove himself to the boss. Let's hope we see more of him this season than we did last season!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I see Zola as a back-up but I'd rather play daggers than Zola.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I hope that Greenacre and Facey will continue upfront as I think they have done well... but I wouldn't be suprised if Zola went striaght back into the team... I think he is more useful coming of the bench though myself!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Joe_TRFC said:
I hope that Greenacre and Facey will continue upfront as I think they have done well... but I wouldn't be suprised if Zola went striaght back into the team... I think he is more useful coming of the bench though myself!

I know where you're coming from - he is another of Little's faves, but you cannot miss the fact that Facey and Greenacre looks a good partnership! Not even Brian - surely???!!! Hopefully anyways!

Zola in my view is not good enough, I would put the first 2 plus Daggers and Davies ahead of him if I was picking the team, but of course I'm not!!! :lol: Thankfully I probably hear 1 or 2 of you say! :wink: hehe

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer he is better coming on, I liked Zola and I really was looking forward to him making his return after the visa problem but he has frustrated me this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
but he has frustrated me this season.
eh? but he's hardly played! do you mean you are frustrated because he got injured?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah give him a break mate... he has only played 1 game. I think he must mean due to injury. :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
i think zola will walk back in the side and facey will go to right back.

With Whitmore in goal after his Heroics at Hull, Sharps upfront Zola as the anchor man in a 5-4-1 system

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
sorry I menat he frustrated me when we played swansea.