• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 2 - 2 Tranmere

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

what a awful perfamance,
brian went for the draw playing 5-3-2 and droping aiston
goodison had a shocker today dispite his goal
thankfully chris rescued the point

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Defensively we were very shakey... whether that had much to do with a new keeper I don't know. Attackingly also poor and didn't really create too much apart from the goals. The only chances I can think of apart from goals was a Zola shot saved and Jennings goal that was disallowed a few minutes before we equalised. Disappointed that we didn't go at them with a 4-4-2 system but on reflection of how the game went I think we have to be happy with a point even though before the game i'd have been looking for 3 points. A win on Friday against Port Vale is vital now if we want to go into the final few games without the pressure of possible relegation!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
CWHC? What game were you watching?

I think that it was an enjoybale game of football, we kept a good fighting spirit, our only downfall, was again Brians defensive tactics and Ian Goodison. Yes he scored but Jenno should have!

I enjoyed my day out, not a great result but a satisfactory result.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sounds like we didnt play well according to the reports I have read. However I would have been very down had we lost, which we didn't, although still only 5 pts off the drop zone.

Greenacre does seem to be hitting some goalscoring form which can only be good, but the rest of the team needs some clearing out as some of the players we have aren't going to help us win promotion next season (i take it that is the aim is it not???)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Bolton_Hater I don't think CHWC was watching the game judging by the time he posted like me. Although you could tell just from the commentary that we weren't very good. I mean even Little has come out and said we didn't play very well and he never does that. Don't get me wrong though I'm happy we got a point even though we didn't play well. Just means that the 3 points on Friday are very, very important and we need to take them!

M

Matthew The Rover

To be honest mate, I think you need to see some action to be able to get an idea of how we played and I think we put in a reasonably good display, but only once our fans got behind us after about 20 minutes.

I thought Brian played for a draw and go it, although not how he had planned. Under this seasons circumstances I was happy with a draw down there but usually I would feel we should have won, comfortably.

Niether team deserved to win really as the game was controlled in midfield meaning there weren't many chances, but of the few we had, a good percentage were converted and not many of our shots were off target (only a Greenacre one comes to mind).

Our first goal was neat and obviously a training ground routine. Brian had clearly been working on corners and free-kicks after Walsall and this paid off as Gareth's free-kick was brilliantly flicked on by Sharps to Goodison who couldn't miss!

Special moment when we scored the second. None of our fans could see the goal as all the players were in the Yeovil area, the whole ground went quiet then about 10 seconds later we saw Greenacre wheeling away arm aloft and went mental!

Dissapointed by Murray, can surely only get better and Goodison cost us the first goal with his strange choice of trying to dribble out of defence but in fairness Murray shouldn't have passed to him.

My MOTM was Jennings, closly followed by Sharps and Jackson. Jennings goal line clearence was absolutely amazing, still don't know how he did it! He was also class in midfield all game, where as we hardly noticed the likes of McAteer and O'Leary all game. His goal should defo not been dissallowed, especially as I was the first down to celebrate with him and made myself look a complete idiot by standing there cheering without noticing it was (apparently) offside :whistle:

Great day out, although it rained and we got soaked! Bring on Rotherham away!

Matt%20Murray%20warms%20up%20on%20debut%20at%20Yeovil.bmp

Matty Murray poses for the camara man whilst warming up on Debut at Huish Park

Huish%20Park%20%282%29%20%2825.3.06%29.bmp

Huish Park, Rovers first trip to the home of Yeovil Town.

Huish%20Park%20%2825.3.06%29.bmp

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Nice photos mate. Don't get me wrong of course you can't make too much of a judgement by listening to the commentary but after listening to most matches (every match apart from the few I get to see) I think you sort of pick up on how we are playing judging by the commentary. The things he says and how enthusiastic his voice sounds help to portray how the team are doing. Obviously yes though, to make a full assessment of how we played you have to be there. Although I must say that also most reports i've read and Little's comments say that we didn't play that well.

M

Matthew The Rover

Oh don't get me wrong we weren't "that" good, nor did we play "that" well but it wasa decent performance none the less

Player
Morrisey
Di Yeovil's full backs play well and were they an attacking threat? I will say that I am certain that Murray will come good and will put in some cracking performances. It is Good that Jennings is playing well.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Some nice photos there Matt! Looks a bit wet!!!:lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

The rain certainlly spoiled the ground photos but it didn't spoil the day out :D