• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 1-0 Tranmere

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Kay was actually quite decent in his loan spell two seasons ago, although arguably coming after Luke Darville, anyone would look good.. He started poorly having signed for us and was ditched after a cup defeat at Doncaster, initially for Raven and ultimately by Danny Holmes.

I've only seen him v Notts County this season and he didn't have a bad game then. Holmes hasn't reached the heights he managed last season. It seemed an odd change to make when, for example, Ronnie was quite happy to persist with a clearly out of depth Corry and also when Ronnie had chosen not to recall Holmes for the Colchester game.

Player
Liam Palmer
Whilst its valid to want to put our strongest team out, disagreeing over who should play right-back at present is a bit like arguing over the colour of turd. Right-back isn't our problem.

More stats for you. In the 24 League 1 games since we beat Yeovil at home in October (the last game we scored more than two goals in, apart from the Colchester outlier), we have played 24 league games, conceding just 26 (including five in one game at Swindon) and scoring just 24 (including five in one game at Colchester). Even with the much-criticised Daniels in the back-four our defence was good enough to warrant a top-six place.

It's our attack that has been woeful. If we continue on the same trajectory we'll finish 9th or 10th - behind Notts and Walsall, but in front of Crewe and possibly MK.

What can be done? Dunno. Ronnie's brought a striker in and he's injured. Most of our creative players have been or are injured.

Don't want to sound like Private Fraser on a Monday morning but......

See you on Saturday, full of optimism, as usual.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If Akpro gets his match sharpness back and we can keep Sidibe on the pitch for more than 30 minutes our goalscoring should improve in the remaining games. We haven't had a decent, settled strike partnership since late September which probably accounts for our poor goalscoring record. I don't think there has been a particular lack of creativity in the side in the intervening period, when you look at the midfield and wide players that have featured.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not convinced that all of our decline can be pinned on the forwards. We haven't kept a clean sheet since Crawley and if we'd managed to stop Coventry, Carlisle and Yeovil from scoring we'd have been 3 points better off and just outside the automatics. Of course, if we'd scored a goal in each of those games the same would be true :?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are struggling to create. Our midfield isn't as strong and our forward line is weaker. We were scoring goals for fun early in the season, but the last few home games, we've hardly tested the opponents keeper.

For as useful as Sidibe could be, he's no good to us injured. We need him and JLAA to be firing on all cylinders.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Whilst its valid to want to put our strongest team out, disagreeing over who should play right-back at present is a bit like arguing over the colour of turd. Right-back isn't our problem.

More stats for you. In the 24 League 1 games since we beat Yeovil at home in October (the last game we scored more than two goals in, apart from the Colchester outlier), we have played 24 league games, conceding just 26 (including five in one game at Swindon) and scoring just 24 (including five in one game at Colchester). Even with the much-criticised Daniels in the back-four our defence was good enough to warrant a top-six place.

It's our attack that has been woeful. If we continue on the same trajectory we'll finish 9th or 10th - behind Notts and Walsall, but in front of Crewe and possibly MK.

What can be done? Dunno. Ronnie's brought a striker in and he's injured. Most of our creative players have been or are injured.

Don't want to sound like Private Fraser on a Monday morning but......

See you on Saturday, full of optimism, as usual.
By and large I agree with this analysis despite later posts. We have had our goalie and the same three of the back four playing most games. Apart from that, only Palmer has been a regular all season. The defence hasn't been that bad. We have lost many games by the odd goal and if the midfield had created more chances and the forwards taken them, we would have won.

We got off to a flyer because Ronnie did some good business in signing Wallace and JLAA plus loanees Gibson and Cassidy. They were the backbone of the team and when we lost them one by one, we suffered. They were never properly replaced. Ronnie could not attract good, experienced players. We just got raw youngsters. You can't blame Ronnie, as he's tried his best. You can't blame PJ, as he must have invested more this season than he planned. We have just been very unlucky with injuries.

All is not over yet. It's still fluid at the top, although I think we've blown automatic promotion. We just need to knuckle down and scrap for points and hope we come good in the play-offs. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I think the sides we have been able to field are not top six material and the side Ronnie has been able to field previously clearly are - possibly automatic promotion. previous posts spot on re not much wrong with the defence and for me I thought Daniels did ok against Notts County, and has plenty of potential.

I think Corry is decent player and will play at a higher level, but the problem is that anybody on the ball with any class is now faced with limited options and poor movement, which nulls their effectiveness.

Agree with earlier post that Thompson should get a go and I do believe he is liable to weigh in with the odd goal.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im surprised that Thompson hasnt had a look in for a while now and in all probability wont this season, maybe the loan move will do him good.