• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

WREXHAM

drwhoman

I see that their game was abandoned after 55 minutes at Aldershot due to a waterlogged pitch. They were winning 2-0. Their players were apparently trying to dry the pitch to get the game restarted! The home groundsmen were nowhere to be seen! An enquire surely?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
If I remember rightly, it was heavily raining the last time we were there and the pitch cut up a bit. The pictures from games in the south have been showing really heavy downpours and at Eastleigh constant heavy rain but the pitch played well.

The refs decision, apparently the game was suspended then abandoned.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see that their game was abandoned after 55 minutes at Aldershot due to a waterlogged pitch. They were winning 2-0. Their players were apparently trying to dry the pitch to get the game restarted! The home groundsmen were nowhere to be seen! An enquire surely?
Such a shame.

Don't know if anything to do with the weather or not bit Wrexham had 2 quite serious injuries

drwhoman

Quote from the joint owner after the farce at Aldershot. ‘We need to get out of this fucking league’. So there you go - he is not happy!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Quote from the joint owner after the farce at Aldershot. ‘We need to get out of this fucking league’. So there you go - he is not happy!
Easier said than done regardless of his wealth, as he is about to discover.

They are already well off the pace in terms of the one automatic slot.

drwhoman

Easier said than done regardless of his wealth, as he is about to discover.

They are already well off the pace in terms of the one automatic slot.
Fair comment RLC. I just hope, for the sake of the true upporters, that he and his mate do not just walk away when they get bored.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fair comment RLC. I just hope, for the sake of the true upporters, that he and his mate do not just walk away when they get bored.
They won't be long term owners, there are cracks already beginning to show

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They will want instant success. Who knows how long they will stick around if they do not get it.

Player
aldo
and losing some of there new players long term will hit them hard and if Mullin gets injured they are Screwwed

drwhoman

A draw but the likes of Grimsby are streaking out of sight at the top. Who would be a Southend supporter although they have finally got a win tonight!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will all end in tears, manager who's career is on a downward spiral, little thought gone into the squad except to throw money at it and owners who will soon get fed up when they don't get instant success

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not even competing at top end of the national league yet and talk about getting into Premier league, dream on.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not even competing at top end of the national league yet and talk about getting into Premier league, dream on.
It is quite bizarre really. Their supporters seem happy enough that the media circus are following the club round, even if there is no sign of improvement on the pitch.