• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wrexham 2 Rovers 0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An afternoon which started encouragingly and ended miserably. I always thought this was a daft friendly to arrange and, predictably, troubled kicked off after the final whistle outside the gorund, not helped by some shoddy policing.

We completely outclassed Wrexham in the first half but failed to take our chances and paid for it after a lacklustre second half display. We should have been three up at the break, but despite some excellent football our finishing seems to have deserted us at the moment. In the second half the heat appeared to get to us and the tempo of the game dropped considerably, allowing a pretty mediocre Wrexham side to come into the game. Both goals were awful from our point of view: Mooney, who I thought looked ropey dealing with balls into the box, was probably at fault for the first; the second was a dubious penalty and gave Neil Ashton the moment he has probably dreamt of for the last decade.

Koumas played thirty minutes in the second half and looked tidy in a deep lying role, without really getting a grip of the game.

Hopefully the goals will start flowing again next Saturday.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Thanks for the report RLC....any comments on how Chimonda and Makota fared.

Player
Manager
John King
Thanks for the report RLC....any comments on how Chimonda and Makota fared.

They weren't on the pitch long enough to really make an assessment. Provided his wage demands are reasonable, I think I would offer Koumas a contract.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I noticed Ronnie was harping on about being caught on set plays again. Really need to nip this in the bud as it cost us a lot of goals last season. Good to see Koumas on the field. If he's fit and has a good attitude, he can certainly do a job for us. Was going to ask you about Chimbonda too but I guess there's no need now ;)

drwhoman

Chimbonda is a highly experienced footballer with a good pedigree. The fact that he has drifted over the last couple of years maybe due to the fact that he has had injury problems. If he was fit and motivated he would seem to have a lot to offer. We will see!

Player
Manager
John King
While I did not see enough to make a definitive judgement on Chimbonda, he did not look anything exceptional when he did have the ball. He was actually due to play for Colwyn Bay today before we decided to have a look.......

Not sure about this one to be honest.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Injury problems and age probably against him now.