• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

winter break or not

Player
aldo
whats the point of the winter break . if most teams are not playing today but 4 teams are then some next weekend then some the weekend after . its daft . the whole footie lg should have a break to but its not for the small teams . only the soft million airs . they need to come into the real world and do a 90 hour week starting at 7 in the morning and not putting your little girl to bed or being able to help the wife when you get home at 1 or 2 in the early hours of the morning that,s me today just a normal 18 hr day . it wont be long b4 they have there break then go on a tour to aus or america or some shit like that

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It all seems pretty pointless to me since they are still squeezing the same number of games in. I would have thought this was actually counterproductive in terms of keeping players healthy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It all seems pretty pointless to me since they are still squeezing the same number of games in. I would have thought this was actually counterproductive in terms of keeping players healthy.
Yes, just the usual Premier League nonsense which has a negative knock-on for the lower divisions (cf. the timing of the Watford replay and the United tie).

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yes, just the usual Premier League nonsense which has a negative knock-on for the lower divisions (cf. the timing of the Watford replay and the United tie).
Yes, and the power is so lopsided that there's no point even raising objections any more.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
trying to think what we all did before sky invented football
Well we certainly didn't watch live football on TV, did we? I think it was part of the magic of FA Cup Final day that it was just about the only match that was televised live.