• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Will this season ever finish?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The recent increase in the number of postponed matches because of Covid cases at clubs - in conjunction with the rapid spread of different variations of the virus - is making some wonder how long this season will last. Will it be extended or simply abandoned, as Rochdale's chief executive suggests? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55530424

For my part, it doesn't look good. I see us all in tier four if not lockdown tonight with the prospect of abandonment looking more likely than not.

Player
aldo
well all locked down how can football go on putting the players at risk is daft time to shut it down its only sport the club will prob save money with players furloughed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think now we have a vaccine, let's just cancel and lockdown, get the numbers down again, get the vulnerable jabbed as a start, save lives and hopefully we can move away from this bloody virus so we can go back to living normal lives again.

It doesn't help when certain footballers don't care about the rules. We all have to live by the same rules. It's difficult now but will be worth it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's not just the footballers who ignore the rules, too many of the public do as well.
Yes, but I was thinking more about those in the public eye and the so called 'role models' to many kids out there.

drwhoman

watched the report on the news last night regarding julian assarge and half his supporters hugging & kissing no masks/social distancing in sight hard to believe 70,000 deaths and it still doesn,t register with some people
I thought the same thing but the problem, as we all know, is that it is natural for people to do what thy did when they are so excited. A result they really did not expect. I have a little more sympathy for them than the ‘entitled’ ones like some overpaid footballers! They Should have been more aware all the same.

Player
ian goodison
quite agree drwhoman roy hodgson gives his player a rollocking for breaking the rules then makes him captain!!!!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
o/t just heard colin bell passed away only 74 sad news
Very sad. He was a great player I loved to watch. Cost £47.5k. You could not get a player of his quality for £47.5 million today.

We have lost so many footballing greats in the last year, most at quite a young age.

drwhoman

Very sad. He was a great player I loved to watch. Cost £47.5k. You could not get a player of his quality for £47.5 million today.

We have lost so many footballing greats in the last year, most at quite a young age.
I can only agree BBTC. City had a great team around that time. Lee, Summerbee Bell etc. Colin started his career at Bury so I am sure he was sad when they folded. Today, you rarely find footballers from lower leagues making at a higher level. Vardy is an exception. The big clubs have those seen as promising, in their youth set ups from a very early age although even then only the rare ones make it to the top.

Player
ian goodison
showing my age but remembering playing for my school,youth club then shamrock celtic (sat) Valencia (sun) and really anybody really just to get a game, nowadays kids get picked up for academies' at 8 then told you can,t play for anyone else as drwhoman says very very few even make it