• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Who is the worst current TRFC player??

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't really watch the team regular enough to say who I think is the worst player... although I will say that from what i've heard Summerbee has to be close. What does everyone else think??

C

championship_here_we_come

close between summerbee and macca but summerbee wins

M

Matthew The Rover

I'll give you these three:

Jason McAteer
Nicky Summerbee
Theodore Whitmore

DixieDean

it's questions like this that underline how badly we're playing. If we were doing well it would be "who's the best?". Whereas we are left discussing who's worst!

I'd go for Whitmore. He's useless.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Summerbee.

A professional footballer should be able to run :roll:

S

Seanyb

Is he that bad. Aint seen him play yet (it shows how much I havent seen rovers this year!)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gray said:
Summerbee.

A professional footballer should be able to run :roll:

Agreed. Summerbee for me. He's well past it :wink:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Summerbee. No doubt.

Although Whitmore, McAteer and Goodison are close contenders. Some people will be up in arms that I mention Goodison, but all last season I remember him playing well in only two games, and he must have played in over 40. Makes me think he's got some kinda first team thing written into his contract - but if i'm brutally honest, he's an awful left back, and a mediocre centre back who makes too many schoolboy errors considering he's supposed to be a full international - and who is many many years past it, if he ever had it.

Those four players make even Danny Harrison look capable. And a few years ago Danny simply didn't look good enough. How things change.

Griff

Are we talking worst at the moment or worse player ?

Mcateer has been very poor, but if he tried harder he could perform as we all know he could.

but summerbee is obviously past it, he is no longer good enough.

Harrison, simpley not good enough in my opinion. I hope Jennings gets in front of him the the midfield order as he deserves his chance and needs to get more games in to improve and most important, he looks like he can score, which is lacking from midfield.

and Whitmore, not the worst player, as we have all seen some briliance from him, but he unbalances the side, has no pace and players walk past him like hes not there.

R

rockferrywhites

worst trfc player at the moment

i think over the last few games goodison has played reasonably well. as for the worst player it's got to be summerbee a total waste of time. he lacks fitness and the power to run.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I thinksumerbee just needs time to gel, but I'll go with McAteer.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Interesting that a lot of people think Summerbee like I said... suppose you can still tell who plays well and who is bad by listening to a match.

DixieDean said:
it's questions like this that underline how badly we're playing. If we were doing well it would be "who's the best?". Whereas we are left discussing who's worst!

he's only useless cos' BL doesn't give him a chance!
so was he useless when he stole the show in the sheff wed,huddesfield and wrexham away games last year?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
aldos worthy 2000, i agree with your last two poasts, I think theo doesn;t get given enough chances, if any. and a gree with macca as your anwser.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
bolton_hater said:
aldos worthy 2000, i agree with your last two poasts, I think theo doesn;t get given enough chances, if any. and a gree with macca as your anwser.

Agree with that big time. OK, Theo can be a bit slow and cumbersome (and wimpy) at times but I think if he was given a few more starts he would grow in confidence and his skill could be the creative force we DESPERATELY need in our midfield right now.

I can see it now, tricks it past 4 men, ends up 10 yards further back than when he got the ball, turns, threads a neat little through ball to Greenacre to take a class first touch and SMASH it into the net :D

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
DixieDean said:

he's only useless cos' BL doesn't give him a chance!
so was he useless when he stole the show in the sheff wed,huddesfield and wrexham away games last year?

I think you'll find anyone can have a good game now and then. Even McAteer has been awarded man of the match before now by the various members of the TRFC bars.

The only thing Whitmore can do is open up a team that is already losing. Oooh big deal.

The fact that he lacks many basic requirements, such as heading, tackling and tracking back, renders him USELESS as an effective footballer.

DixieDean

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
a mediocre centre back who makes too many schoolboy errors considering he's supposed to be a full international - and who is many many years past it, if he ever had it.

It does make me laugh when we boast of having internationals (Goodison and Whitmore).

Would we be so quick to boast if we had two luxembourg internationals playing for us? Jamaica are crap. Always have been. They qualified for the world cup once.... And were crap.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
lol :lol: but when livrepool and the blue noses come to us and say "yuo've got no internationals" ew can say "ah ha Jamaica and Wales" :roll: