• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Who deserves a second chance

Griff

concidering Ronnie went for quality over quantity this season, who of our under-performing players deserves a second chance to prove themselves and who should be shipped out to make way for new signings.

My opinions:

Out:
Ward - too prone to mistakes
Ellison - Just doesnt seem to have settled with us
Mullin - If he doesnt look missed went harrison plays then he is easily replaced
Harrison - I dont think he has improved as a player in the last few seasons. I dont think he is good enough for this level. Tries hard, but not good enough in the tackle and doenst contribute enough going forward.
Taylor - we missed him when he was out, but only because our game had been geared towards his knock downs. He carear must be coming to its final stages and what little pace he had is gone.

Stay:
McLaren - didnt see it as first, but hes got a good touch and with a better partner would get more space to play the ball around
Zola - gets some stick for his finishing, but i dont think he has had enough games. His goals for game time ratio must not be too bad.

The rest of the playing staff I think could be combined with fresh faces to make a team worthy of reaching the playoff next season.

I havent posted on here for ages, so i thought I would come back with a long one.