• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

whats the food offerings like at rovers

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
what's it like these days after the issues last season just wondering, again I have some mouth-watering things for you guys to hear about, we are doing at the Brom golf club, one is the dirty chicken curly fries 8 pieces of chicken chipotle sauce and melted cheese and tonight we have done crispy fried Korean chicken propper street food just wish I could do it at rovers put it this way its sexy food and we are selling tons off it

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I wish I and the team could do something to help we have gotten rave reviews over the last few years

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
A lot of it is from frozen and unattractive. One guy I know, has vowed he wasted his money and season tickets because of the state of the food and lack of ba r staff on the first home game!
I am in the main stand but I don't have food, I learned the lesson when they replaced the last decent chef the club had.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I had a steak and pepper pie and a pint at Accy for £6. The pie was very nice. I haven't bought food at Rovers for ages but the pies looked like they were from the same manufacturer. My post match steak dinner at the Turkish BBQ in Bromborough was a 10/10.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's a pretty awful experience in the JK stand. You cannot go wrong with a simple hotdog, burger and pie but the drinks are awful. The coffee sucks, the tea is disgusting and the hot chocolate looks like brown water and tastes just as bad.

Also they had ran out of bottled water before the game had even started today. Not sure how it works with supply but you'd have thought they'd stock up on water with it being a very hot day.

I think overall the service isn't great. They could do much better. Sorry, rant over.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
guys I am off next week on hols in Cornwall I love it there, but the next week we are back come and join us at Bromborough golf club we take private bookings or just walkings we do all fresh and that's what stands us out from the rest even restaurants can't keep up with us we are booming we have loads of families coming in each week its all good and we are one of the cheapest around

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
seen them at bookers on Friday getting the stuff I know this when I have seen the account on screen it's not rocket science guys come and try mine out you will be happily surprised

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I could do 500 I the jk in 20 mins with real quality and make the club some propper cash

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think it's a pretty awful experience in the JK stand. You cannot go wrong with a simple hotdog, burger and pie but the drinks are awful. The coffee sucks, the tea is disgusting and the hot chocolate looks like brown water and tastes just as bad.

Also they had ran out of bottled water before the game had even started today. Not sure how it works with supply but you'd have thought they'd stock up on water with it being a very hot day.

I think overall the service isn't great. They could do much better. Sorry, rant over.
The kop ran out of water too yesterday. Madness

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Supply issues re the water as per Nicola P

There were severe restrictions on how many bottles could be purchased from our suppliers due to the heatwave and issues elsewhere in the country so we were allowed to buy only a fraction of what was ordered. Same at Salford.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fair enough but a simple note at the kiosk would have been more productive and possibly a 1 per person restriction due to the limited supply. At least then more would have had access to water. My other problem is the lack of choice. Cold drink options were fanta, coke and lager. If they couldnt get water, what about other soft drinks instead? Just think very little thought goes into the catering.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Fair enough but a simple note at the kiosk would have been more productive and possibly a 1 per person restriction due to the limited supply. At least then more would have had access to water. My other problem is the lack of choice. Cold drink options were fanta, coke and lager. If they couldnt get water, what about other soft drinks instead? Just think very little thought goes into the catering.
Sounds awful, Ian. 1980s catering at best. Best hope is that the fanzone fare raises standards generally.

Last edited:
Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
You should try being vegetarian, but then again don’t!
Supermarkets and most restaurants/take aways are much better these days, but football grounds (unless it’s the New Lawn) are generally pants. Chips are often the only option, but so often cooked in the same oil as the fish, chicken or other meat products so are no longer an option. I guess the percentage of meat in the burgers at most grounds makes them close to being veggie; even finding a vegetarian cheese pie can be a battle. Some beers are not even veggie with some having animal derivatives in the brewing process!
I’ve brought three sons up (with a little help from the wife of course!) who are staunch meat-eaters and I don’t preach; each to their own and no doubt they’ll have a far less miserable life than me on the food front. If I’m ever on death row, it’s a meat feast for me for my last meal and sod my conscience!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
At the golf club, I will always go out of the way to cater to Vegans - veggies and all the aligines we make veggie pizzas pastas veg Thai green curry just the other day I did veggie Korean crspy veg we always deepfry seperate from meat stuffs- sometimes I am even doing Halal so as I said we cover everthing and the feed back and happy Emails we get says everthing we need to know . i know loads of places that wont cater or have very limited stuff for non meat eaters

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
all my Burgers are 100% homemade steak burgers it takes me around 1 hour to make 300 we put fresh herbs and spices in them they are 6oz each and have fresh cheese on with brioche bun i did one the other day 6oz burger with 5oz of BBQ pulled pork on top and onion rings on top of that it was sooooo big i had to stake it

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
i challenge you to come to brom golf club for lunch one day and try them you wont be let down i promise

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Love that, however I can’t see Mark or Nicola in the kitchens for a few hours before each home game. :lol: :laugh: