• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What's happening, this is very worrying

M

Matthew The Rover

Plus both players signed new contracts in December/January to make sure we would get money for them when they left. Course they wanted to leave.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ithink the board forced them in to these desicions.

M

Matthew The Rover

Course they didn't. They may have wanted one of the two to leave to ease the financial presure on the club, but wouldn't have forced either out.

Well, thats my opinion anyway, who knows what the board did? I'll ask Mr. Adams on my next trip to the Dentist!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
bolton_hater said:
taylor said he didn;t wanna go.

This is the biggest load of tosh I've read on these forums :!:

I bet Ryan's gutted that he's playing for a team currently 6th in the Premiership against teams like Man U and Liverpool every week.

Bet he wishes he was back at PP, losing at home to Scunthorpe.

I hope he doesn't lie awake at night worrying about how to spend his new massively inflated pay cheque. :roll:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
"unlucky" MY ARSE :!: never has been a good manager, and he never will be!

what has he done since he came to our club?

he's got rid of our three best players,hall,tayor,and humey!
signed aload of rubbish(apart from greenacre),
and took us backwards!

what has he achieved?
ABSOLUTLY NOTHING :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

Well, he took us to the play-offs.

This is a very short-sighted and short-termist attitude. He hasn't been with the club 2 years yet, what would you like him to achieve? Are you saying that if a manager doesn't win a trophy or gain promotion in 2 seasons he should get the boot? Personally, I see stability as being an important part of a small club such as ours. As has been said before on these forums, there is no guarantee that a new manager will get results.

I'm sticking with Little until at least half-way through the season, even then I will only call for his head if we are in the relegation zone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In the close season these forums were crying out for him to strengthen our attack, which he did by bringing in Greenacre (who you admit was a good signing) and Facey.

No one on here predicted our current midfield woes. We all thought our mix of youth and experience was good enough, Rankine was even voted player of the year by many on here, yet he's been awful this season.

Also, I do think we've been a bit unlucky, you only have to look at the number of games we've lost by one goal, it's not like we're getting battered week-in, week-out.

We should continue to give BL a chance and give him our support. The only thing I ask for is a decent attacking midfielder on loan.

Griff

stability is the word.

But that is what Little has taken from this team.

Players come and go, thats part of football at this level. Little has not made the right moves to counter players leaving.

You say that no one would have expected the midfield problems. I for one thought they were glaring last season !

Rankin was great last year, but it should have been his last
Harrison brings nothing to defence or attack. Average at best.
McAteers heads not in it
Hall was our best attacking midfield option, yet little let him go and kept Whitmore.
Taylor, although playing from the back, inproved the buildup play through the midfield, but was always to leave. (good for him, good show for the under 21's as well)

Yes we needed a striker, but there is no heart to the side. No leader through the middle, not playmaker, not even a stopper to break things up now Rankin is on his last legs.

God its depressing.

3 - 1 win a the weekend !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gray you make some good points there. You are right, we certainly didnt envisage such a downfall. And of course, our squad is no were near as strong or creative as it was last season.

We have no choice but to stick with Little, whether we like it or not.
I just think in these times, he doesn't help himself with some of the signings and comments that he makes.

People are overly sensitive at this time also. It hurts when your team is second from bottom.

I do think however that the City result, even though we lost was a step in the right direction. The formation was working well until he changed it :roll:

Griff

I think we may see another protest after this weekends game if we dont see a result.

Not that I condone this type of behaviour. The boo boys are annoying as well, especially if the problems are caused by poor tactics or the wrong formation. how does booing the players bring about better performances !

It wont take much to get back up this league. We should forget about the away games and allow little to play as defensive as he wants to try and grind out draws. We just need to sort out the home form. 5 homes games until new year, we have to be looking at at least 10 of those points otherwise we are going to struggle in the second half of the season

Gray said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
"unlucky" MY ARSE :!: never has been a good manager, and he never will be!

what has he done since he came to our club?

he's got rid of our three best players,hall,tayor,and humey!
signed aload of rubbish(apart from greenacre),
and took us backwards!

what has he achieved?
ABSOLUTLY NOTHING :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

Well, he took us to the play-offs.

This is a very short-sighted and short-termist attitude. He hasn't been with the club 2 years yet, what would you like him to achieve? Are you saying that if a manager doesn't win a trophy or gain promotion in 2 seasons he should get the boot? Personally, I see stability as being an important part of a small club such as ours. As has been said before on these forums, there is no guarantee that a new manager will get results.

I'm sticking with Little until at least half-way through the season, even then I will only call for his head if we are in the relegation zone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In the close season these forums were crying out for him to strengthen our attack, which he did by bringing in Greenacre (who you admit was a good signing) and Facey.

No one on here predicted our current midfield woes. We all thought our mix of youth and experience was good enough, Rankine was even voted player of the year by many on here, yet he's been awful this season.

Also, I do think we've been a bit unlucky, you only have to look at the number of games we've lost by one goal, it's not like we're getting battered week-in, week-out.

We should continue to give BL a chance and give him our support. The only thing I ask for is a decent attacking midfielder on loan.

he took us to the play-offs and achieved what?
a dismall performance away at hartlepool and left us with a mountain to climb in the 2nd leg! we might aswell of finished 7th!

if we lose 5-0 or 1-0 every week it still goes down as a loss(and still puts you in the relegation zone) so as far as am concerned a defeat is a defeat.

Gray you're right about one thing,and that's the fact that we all wanted him to invest in a striker and we got a quality one in Greenacre!(little's best signing)

on the midfield situation,i have said time after time that theo should be given a run,but brian little doesn't seem to think so!Rankine was brill last year,but he's now 36 and i feel we should not of begged him to stay,but because of his tremendous performance last year he was persuaded to stay!we should of moved on (imo) but that's easy to say!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats fair enough that a defeat is a defeat but then why do many people always disagree with the saying "a win is a win"!!