• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What's happening, this is very worrying

P

pablo

Don't know about the rest of you, but our situation is very worrying to say the least. Something needs to be done otherwise we are heading for League 2!!! I can't believe a team close to promotion are struggling so badly, well I suppose I can as we still haven't replaced Hume or Taylor with quality. I am saddened at our decline. :cry:

Player
Morrisey
I can see us gettibg relegated!! I remember getting dropped to the 2nd division and that was bad but this will be even worse after last seasons emotions. It isn't too late but if we leave it much longer it will be!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Did we honestly all expect anything else from Ashton gate though? Our predictions said it all. I think 90% of us predicted we'll lose today. Its another defeat yes, but what worries me is that the team just aren't creating anything at all. Has losing our best two players really accounted for all this? You say one man doesn't make a team, but what about 2 men? or is there something we are missing here ?!? :?

Player
Morrisey
The Midfield and defence alike are too deep which results in the attack going back to get the ball and then leaving a man alone and isolated! I think that BL spotted that and played wide men with three upfront. It appeared that we had more chances and balls in the box today. I guess there are positives but all that matters are results at the end of the day.

smilingmart

Ian said:
Did we honestly all expect anything else from Ashton gate though? Our predictions said it all. I think 90% of us predicted we'll lose today. Its another defeat yes, but what worries me is that the team just aren't creating anything at all. Has losing our best two players really accounted for all this? You say one man doesn't make a team, but what about 2 men? or is there something we are missing here ?!? :?

We are missing 3 players. Hume, Taylor AND Hall. Those 3 were our 3 highest goalscorers last season so its not a wonder we arent hitting the back of the net. Oh, and yes, 3 KEY men DO make a team.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ian said:
You say one man doesn't make a team, but what about 2 men? or is there something we are missing here ?!? :?

One man doesn't make a team, but one man picks the team.

B

Banana Army

smilingmart said:
Ian said:

We are missing 3 players. Hume, Taylor AND Hall. Those 3 were our 3 highest goalscorers last season so its not a wonder we arent hitting the back of the net. Oh, and yes, 3 KEY men DO make a team.

Or Shevchenko, Nesta and Beckham :lol:

smilingmart

Banana Army said:
smilingmart said:
Ian said:

Or Shevchenko, Nesta and Beckham :lol:

eh? please explain.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like we had some good chances today & were doing ok until Theo came on, causing a tactical change. I thought we had a chance at Bristol, because of their player problems and injuries. However we seem to be in a much worse position than when Ray Mathias was sacked now

P

pablo

The situation is worrying though and it all seems quiet at the club. Not a hint of change. Being 2nd from bottom of League 1 is a worrying state of affairs. I followed the club up from the brink of oblivion to just missing out on promotion to the old Div 1 (AKA the Premiership now) and at the moment it looks like we are heading for the trap door and ending up again back in the old Div 4 (AKA League 2). Can we turn it around? I believe we can, but it will all be about consolidation this year, the aim will be to stay in the league, the same objective when BL took over from RM. :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
its just a bad patch well get through it.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
From the sounds of the commentary we played pretty well and created a number of chances... on another day I think (although its hard going by commentary) we could have had 3 or 4! I think if we play like that in all our games then we will win more than we lose.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I don;t think we should worry, Ithink that we just got unlucky, if we keep 4-3-3 and play like we did then we will start wining games.

Griff

Unlucky ?

Luck has nothing to do with it. You dont loose 4 games in a row due to bad luck. BL has stated that he felt hard done by, after every game. Basically he does not have the answer to our problems with this group of players. as stated previously in this thread, he sold our 3 top scorers, game winning players, so why are we suprised there is no creativity.

Anyone who thinks BL should stay at rovers should take a look at his recent managment record.

'99 resigned from Stoke because of a drastic loss in form which ruled them out of promotion.
'00 sacked by Albion ater 8 months for pulling them into the relegation zone.
'02 Resigned from Hull.

Maybe he had it once, but does he have the temprement for tis level.

"unlucky" MY ARSE :!: never has been a good manager, and he never will be!

what has he done since he came to our club?

he's got rid of our three best players,hall,tayor,and humey!
signed aload of rubbish(apart from greenacre),
and took us backwards!

what has he achieved?
ABSOLUTLY NOTHING :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :twisted:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Regarding the sale of players, I dont think its fair to judge him on this. I believe he has no control over who the club sell. He was never going to keep Taylor and Hume if offers were made.

What we must judge him on is his ability to recover from these losses and provide replacements. It would also be unrealistic to expect replacements of the same quality.

What does worry me however is that Little doesn't think there's anyone out there available for loan that is any better than what we have. I find this hard to believe.

His ethics and mentality do worry me though. I'd rather concentrate on the things he can control at the club rather than on the things he can't control.

Ian said:
Regarding the sale of players, I dont think its fair to judge him on this. I believe he has no control over who the club sell. He was never going to keep Taylor and Hume if offers were made.

What we must judge him on is his ability to recover from these losses and provide replacements. It would also be unrealistic to expect replacements of the same quality.

What does worry me however is that Little doesn't think there's anyone out there available for loan that is any better than what we have. I find this hard to believe.

His ethics and mentality do worry me though. I'd rather concentrate on the things he can control at the club rather than on the things he can't control.

hume didn't want to go, but little didn't want him - so it was inevatble what was gunna happen!on taylor,it's probably fair to say whoever was manager that he was definetly going!the hall afair was a joke,and it's probably cost us 30 goals this season(hall - 10,greenacre - 20) :!:i don't no who he thinks he is,but he has not got my backing anymore,and if we win 5 out of the next 6 games i still won't change my mind!

little out :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

Who says Hume didn't want to go? Who says Little didn't want Hume?

Hume said he didn't want to leave Rovers but felt it was time to move on, so he contradicted himself to keep the fans happy, whilst Little said he wasn't going to stand in any players way if they wanted to leave.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
taylor said he didn;t wanna go.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Bollocks. Both players I'm sure were delighted at the prospect of higher level football, bigger pay-checks and flashier motors. Football's a career like any other these days. Fair play to them for staying as long as they did. Let's not kid ourselves that agents don't have a massive say too - remember, it's not a game, it's a business, even in League 1.