• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What is wrong with some people?

drwhoman

is it just me or has there been an increase in violence at matches? I see that the pre-season ‘friendly’ between Southport and Blackpool at Haig Ave was delayed by fighting between the fans of the two teams. Seemingly started by Blackpool ‘fans’ looking for bovver. A pre-season game for God’sake. Drugs and alcohol maybe. The away team eventually won 2-0.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t know the full answer to your question drwhoman, but did read that anyone arrested at a football match would be drug-tested, so the powers that be must think drugs are a factor. Can’t say I’ve seen any evidence of fans taking drugs at the ground or looking under the influence, but that’s not to say it doesn’t happen. There seem to have been more incidents particularly in the Kop stand last season.

drwhoman

I don’t know the full answer to your question drwhoman, but did read that anyone arrested at a football match would be drug-tested, so the powers that be must think drugs are a factor. Can’t say I’ve seen any evidence of fans taking drugs at the ground or looking under the influence, but that’s not to say it doesn’t happen. There seem to have been more incidents particularly in the Kop stand last season.
Thanks Boz. I read that at a number of big matches drug taking has been a factor in violence and bad behaviour. The Euro Final last year immediately springs to mind. Maybe the Blackpool mob were just mindless yobos looking for a bit of biffo!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You have to remember its always the minority that makes the headlines. Most people just want to go and watch a football match.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think it has gotten worse and blame social media to a degree. It’s so easy for people to hide behind a keyboard and stir up trouble which then spills out whether on the football terraces or in a school playground. Gang violence has increased in parts of the country because of it and the need to save face when people give out stick online. As Ian says it is the minority, but unfortunately they make the headlines over the majority of well behaved fans.

You only have to look at some of the antisocial behaviour at the front of the kop at times last season. For the first time in years I saw things thrown onto the pitch and I end up not looking forward to big games when all the groups of lads turn up, all wearing the same clothes and just there for trouble. Social media not totally to blame but the more that is reported and filmed on tik tok etc, the more people think it’s ok.

I’ll get off my soapbox now but I’m glad when I was a teenager there wasn’t all this Snapchat,tik tok, peer pressure and FB etc.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
i don,t get it in most other sports you can stand together but not in Football it's just stupid 22 men kicking a cows arse around and everyone wants to kick the shit out of each other it's just mindless

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, sadly football has always attracted the idiots.