• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

what are liverpool on

Player
aldo
3-0 at half time what a score and the reds have been brilliant . thats enough im not going on abt then eney more phew

Player
aldo
has eney one seen what the liverpool fans did to the city bus . why do fans do it i do hate football some times why cause trouble why fight . its a sport its stupid . and i do wonder if taking my little girle is right . but we love it . but not the trouble its stupid they should be no away fans at the away game punish them .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Great game to watch. Liverpool were excellent in both halves. Attacking first half and defending second half.

Complete idiots throwing stuff at the coach. Hope they get banned and locked up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The one time you need City to win a game and they balls it up. I thought they were awful tonight and I don't think they can recover in the second leg.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Liverpool FC have to take some of the blame for what happened with the City bus, whipping up the thing about the intimidating atmosphere, to the extent that some of their idiots behave like that and detracting from what was an impressive performance.

drwhoman

Idiots and the bus were appalling but these are highly paid professional players. Pool just blew them off the park and showed grit after the interval. It is not over yet though. City could score four particularly if Salah is not there as an outlet for Liverpool. They were really pushed back when he went off.

Player
aldo
thats true but you would not go to work and get bottles cans an flares throwing at you or ur car ur bus its stupid the police should throw the book at em and if the club can get them then ban them 4 life scum . no need kiddies are there its just bloody sport get a grip

Player
aldo
have to say my wife who is a reds fan is sutch a sore loser . has cheered me up . but have to feel for the fans who have paid thousands to go and watch a footie match for your team to not turn up . have to give bale credit his first goal was world class . the 3rd goal reminded me of are 4 th against ebbsfleet . have to say the lpool keeper is shit .

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Wow! Just seen the goals from last night. Stunner from Bale but I don't think Davies would even survive a career with us after howlers like that. Shocking error by Klopp not to bring in a proven quality goalkeeper has cost them big time, despite all the undeniably positive things he has done with the neighbours.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Reds are a one trick pony.
Shame he might miss world cup.
Not that I'll be watching much.
Biggest game of season has been and gone :)

Player
Manager
John King
Regardless of Karius's mistakes and Salah's injury, Liverpool were completely outplayed in midfield last night. Kroos and Modric versus Henderson and Wijnaldum. Enough said.

Ronaldo actually did next to nothing in the game, but taking him and Salah out of the equation, the other ten Madrid players are much better than Liverpool's.

drwhoman

I am not sure the other ten Madrid players were all better than Liverpool's but the loss of Salah, plus Coutinho and Oxlaide-Chamberlain meant that Liverpool struggled. The midfield tried hard but were pedestrian. That is where Kroos and Modric controlled the game. That said, but for the Bale wonder goal and the dreadful errors from Karius, Liverpool might have sneaked it. However, Ramos did what he does best. Too much reliance on Saleh as an outlet for the long ball was a key weakness and Sergio made sure that option was snuffed out. However, enough of these other teams! Looking forward with interest to see who else MM brings in. No more duds please!

Player
Manager
John King
Liverpool did not show enough character when Salah went off. They still had the pace of Mane and Firminho up front, but instead of playing their usual pressing game they just sat off Madrid and allowed Modric and Kroos to run the show. There was only going to be one winner when they allowed that to happen.

Compare and contrast with the unbelievable character in adversity we showed at Wembley.......

drwhoman

Agree re Wembley RLC! That said, very hard not to sit off such skilful players as Modric and Kroos. Some of the interchange passing was great. Liverpool have prospered when they have flustered other teams into making midfield mistakes. How many did M and K make - not many. I always think midfield is arguably the most vital part of a team. Pleased we have signed Banks and maybe Wallace will be reincarnated!