• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

we start at home to Walsall

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have been drawn away to Oldham in the first round of the League Cup.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have they ended seeding the first round? We will be sick of Oldham, in their group in the Pizza Cup too.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I watched the game at home, drinking a glass of beer from a can, that held four pints of bad tasting beer. When Germany scored their first goal, I said damn and banged my hand down on the chair edge, forgetting about the beer in my hand, beer went everywhere, spent the rest of the match, listening to my mum moaning at me for throwing a glass of beer over the floor and furniture., Can anyone else remember those four pint cans, terrible beer.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.

I watched the game at home, drinking a glass of beer from a can, that held four pints of bad tasting beer. When Germany scored their first goal, I said damn and banged my hand down on the chair edge, forgetting about the beer in my hand, beer went everywhere, spent the rest of the match, listening to my mum moaning at me for throwing a glass of beer over the floor and furniture., Can anyone else remember those four pint cans, terrible beer.
Do you mean the party four barrels that you bought from the offy?
It was awful, supposed to be bitter, more like sewage!
Do pubs sell mild still?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Watney's Party Four. If you were unlucky, you got the larger Party Seven. The beer was gassy and tasted awful even if fresh. Once the air got to it, it got a lot worse. Watney's produced some of the worst beer ever - remember Red Barrel? They were once one of the UK's top selling brands but once CAMRA got going, they soon went out of existence.

That takes me back. The wine equivalent in the sixties was Spanish Graves. You never see that anywhere, unlike Liebfraumilch which still has a market.

Oh, yes. Just got a bit carried away. That's what the close season does to you. ;)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Do pubs sell mild still?
Depends on where you go. It's still popular in the Midlands and it often appears randomly elsewhere.

When I was at uni in Lancaster (just few years ago in the days of LSD, before it became a drug), we used to wander to this village pub and always asked for a pint of bitter. The answer we always got was we don't sell bitter; there's no call for it. So we had to drink mild. It tasted extra good knowing it only cost the equivalent of 5p a pint. Happy days!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Depends on where you go. It's still popular in the Midlands and it often appears randomly elsewhere.

When I was at uni in Lancaster (just few years ago in the days of LSD, before it became a drug), we used to wander to this village pub and always asked for a pint of bitter. The answer we always got was we don't sell bitter; there's no call for it. So we had to drink mild. It tasted extra good knowing it only cost the equivalent of 5p a pint. Happy days!
Also was popular in S Wales under the alternative name of 'dark'. I drank the odd pint during my time at Swansea, though sadly the prices had rocketed from those BBTC quotes...

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Do you mean the party four barrels that you bought from the offy?
It was awful, supposed to be bitter, more like sewage!
Do pubs sell mild still?
Yes that`s it could not think of the name, terrible stuff, but we still bought it. Have not heard of mild since moving down to Wiltshire in the 70s.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Watney's Party Four. If you were unlucky, you got the larger Party Seven. The beer was gassy and tasted awful even if fresh. Once the air got to it, it got a lot worse. Watney's produced some of the worst beer ever - remember Red Barrel? They were once one of the UK's top selling brands but once CAMRA got going, they soon went out of existence.

That takes me back. The wine equivalent in the sixties was Spanish Graves. You never see that anywhere, unlike Liebfraumilch which still has a market.

Oh, yes. Just got a bit carried away. That's what the close season does to you. ;)
Aussie white from the wine lodge, many a glass of that after getting a train to Lime St after coming back from a Tranmere away game.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
When I saw the effects of Ozzie white, I stuck to more less dubious concoctions.